Is Global Warming a con ?

signs

Banned
Is Global Warming a con ? , it seems to me it is ! dreamed up by the government(s) to extract every last penny out of us.

Let's face it ,we all recycle !(well most) have you ever asked yourself where that commodity goes!? , well the council sell it ! (mostly to a UK independent ,who then sell it to Asia )

Well i've had enough , lets not get duped by the government to fuel their "fires" any more :)

Dave

Distinguished Member
Signs......controversial indeed.

I really have no idea but I do love recycling. I hate the idea that stuff I chuck out just gets buried in the ground, how wasteful is that?

namuk

Distinguished Member
con as Natural ect does it all on it's own, the World has been going hot and Cold for millions of years with different environments,
we have even had worse winters and hotter summers over the years, if i could change anything though, i would go back in time and fit Cat converters the Tyrannosaurus Rex's back side :laugh:

signs

Banned
Signs......controversial indeed.

I really have no idea but I do love recycling. I hate the idea that stuff I chuck out just gets buried in the ground, how wasteful is that?
Dave, you and a thousand people go and get rid of your "Onkyo" boxes (tip) , you carefully select which skip to throw them in . then the council comes along and sells them to a UK independent for a huge mark up !

It's a con !

Last edited:

Dave

Distinguished Member
Dave, you and a thousand people go and get rid of your "Onkyo" boxes (tip) , you carefully select which skip to throw throw them in . then the council comes along and sells them to a UK independent for a huge mark up !

It's a con !
I wouldn't say it's a con, I'm certainly under no illusion about recycling but as I said, chucking something in the ground that can be recycled is ridiculous.

Luckily my local council simply has a bin for recycling and a bin for landfill so it's not hard at all.

As for the onkyo box they can get stuffed, it's in the loft for when I upgrade.:D

signs

Banned
I wouldn't say it's a con, I'm certainly under no illusion about recycling but as I said, chucking something in the ground that can be recycled is ridiculous.
they never do , that's my point ! they employ people to "sift" through the **** beforehand :)

Last edited by a moderator:

mark1080p

I think so. I believe in climate change, but (IMO) dont think, we as humans, are causing it or can prevent it.

Almost every good alternative to a bad/pollutant thing is far more expensive.

I doubt i will invest in wind turbines and/or solar panels until they are dirt cheap or on gov-grant.
Public Transport fairs are beyond a joke.

I have only taken greener options, only when it benifits me financially or at no extra cost.

Now converted to smaller diesel engine which has seen a dramatic increase in MPG and reduced roadtax.

Got water metre installed - my bills are only a 1/3 of standard rates

I recycle - which has no affect financially

I was forced to replace my boiler 3 yrs ago, which was costly. The new condenser boiler is by far more efficient and gas bills have dropped by 1/2 since. So its almost paid for itself now

Last edited:

Dave

Distinguished Member
they never do , that's my point ! they employ people to "sift" through the s*%t beforehand :)
Bloody hell, if someone goes through my bin and manages to get anything they can sell between the nappies, dog **** and food waste then fair play to em, they can have it.:laugh:

weetsie

recycling is still good, like you said yourself, it brings money into the country, either that or pay to bury it?

and less emmisions are good because regardless of what they do or dont do to some layer of gas in the sky, clean air is without doubt better for your heath.

signs

Banned
Bloody hell, if someone goes through my bin and manages to get anything they can sell between the nappies, dog **** and food waste then fair play to em, they can have it.:laugh:

:laugh: I promise you (well with business waste at least ) some poor mo-foar sifts it .

Steven

Senior Moderator
It's not global warming, it is climate change! Different things :)

signs

Banned
recycling is still good, like you said yourself, it brings money into the country, either that or pay to bury it?

and less emmisions are good because regardless of what they do or dont do to some layer of gas in the sky, clean air is without doubt better for your heath.
Have you ever considered what your local council does with the revenue ?

John

Doh :facepalm: what happened to the bird flu sub section ? :laugh:
Its where th CC/GW forum will be in a few years ;)

Although IMO, now that CC/GW has become a revenue stream for Gov's around the world, I don't believe it will ever be disproved

John

I may have said this previously , but if they rewarded people, instead of taxing them. We might get somewhere
Full recycling bin everyweek ? Have £50 off you c tax bill. Little things like that

johntheexpat

Distinguished Member
Is Global Warming a con ? , it seems to me it is ! dreamed up by the government(s) to extract every last penny out of us.

Let's face it ,we all recycle !(well most) have you ever asked yourself where that commodity goes!? , well the council sell it ! (mostly to a UK independent ,who then sell it to Asia )

Well i've had enough , lets not get duped by the government to fuel their "fires" any more :)
What has recycling got to do with Global warming/Climate change? Recycling is more about not filling the countryside with even more rubbish dumps that leach toxic waste and smell bad. Recycling is about using occasionally precious resources more than once and sometimes recycling is about disposing of stuff (fridges and freezers for example) without destroying the ozone layer even more than we have already (unless of course that bit of science was another conspiracy, just a test run for the the big CO2 con?)

And if you don't pay tax on fuel, you sure as heck will pay it on something else. The governments of the world may be using the science of climate change as an alternative income stream, but if they didn't then you would be taxed elsewhere.

Just don't 'dis' the science unless you can show it is fundamentally flawed.

And if you can show the fundamental flaw in the science I absolutely, unequivocally guarantee that you will win the Noble Prize, and probably in more than one field too. Chemistry Physics, economics prizes will all come your way. And the money that they bring, fame and fortune. The world will be your oyster.

So if you know the science is wrong, go for it. I will lead the applause at the prize giving ceremony.

Just like this >>>> :clap:

jassco

Distinguished Member
GC is becoming more and more like the daily mail each day :rolleyes:

Deadringers

There is no such thing as Global warming people.

It is called Global Climate change.

It might not warm up.

It could "cool down".

there are just so many different mechanisms that make up how our world works so it is pretty much impossible for us to know what will happen with any real certainty.

As for the recycling bit, I don’t care who makes a profit out of it...it just seems so wasteful to throw something away and not "reuse/recycle" it.

DPinBucks

Distinguished Member
There is no such thing as Global warming people.

It is called Global Climate change.
It's both. Global warming is inducing global climate change.

On current trends, it won't cool down, but we don't know where it will stabilise.

Trending threads

Latest news

T+A expands E-Series with PA 1100E integrated amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Bowers & Wilkins unveils new PX wireless ANC headphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Roku Premiere streaming device with 4K HDR hits UK
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
CTA launches 8K UHD TV display certification programme