1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Focal.JMlab Chorus SW700S Subwoofer lacked of power?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by sanxion, Apr 5, 2005.

1. sanxion

sanxion

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking in buying a Yamaha RX-V750 receiver. The speaker set-up I'm considereing is based on Focal.JMlab Chorus S series. I've read in several reviews that the output you get from the subwoofer lacks real depth and power.

Can anybody tell me his/her opinion, specially when sub volume is set to something not disturbing the neighbors?

Regards.

2. Llanowar

Llanowar
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Funny, you've got exactly the same setup as i do, i have the 714 s speakers, make sure you play them for a long while, it takes a lot of time before the brightness goes away. I do advise to use a subwoofer with it, i've already read about the chorus lack of depth, that's why i've chosen another subwoofer, haven't heard the jmlab one yet, but the series before it had the same problem.

I'm personally going for the wharfedale sw150, but many people here highly regard the bk xls200

3. GFS AV

GFS AV
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    me for one! superb!

4. Verbal Kint

Verbal Kint

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm looking to buy a new sub and am interested to know what else you have listened to as you say the BK is superb and I would like to know what you used as a comparison.

TIA