Is FN3 worth buying?

Yeah mate, I would say so.

I like boxing games but I always seem to be a bit dissapointed by them (Rocky Legends etc). Fight Night 3 is the best boxing game I have played.

Yesterday I was getting a bit bored with it but that because I had been playing if for 7 hours straight (with the odd spliff break) and had just lost my 100% record of 11 pro fights all won by ko (why didn't I turn the consle off before it saved, damn!!). I was winning at the time but the ref stopped it cause a a cut to my eye.

It could be better, when the ref stops it (the ref only appears when you get knoced down) it just stops without any real explination. The commentry can get on your nerves after a while. The corner men say the same things over and over again and training is really annoying after a while.

It comes into it's own in two player and live mode!

Well worth £40 I would say.

I bought GRAW on Thursday night and played solidly nearly all night, was palnning on playing again last night but managed to pick up a cheap copy of FN3 on the way home, GRAW has not been in the 360 since!! Can see it losing its appeal quite quickly though.
Nearly beaten the game (didn't get much sleep), but has anyone else found the Burger King fight nigh on impossible? Playing as a featherweight, but the guy I was matched against was like a giant with arms to match! Knocked him down a couple of times, but he was just too tough!

Alright guys. I am thinking of trqading PDZ in, because i will neverplay it agian bacause G.R.A.W is out. I might get FN3, but is it worth getting?

FN3 is well worth the investment....cracking 2-player and live action should you get tired of the single player mode:thumbsup:

Recieved my copy this mornign with GRAW but FNR3 is amazing in gameplay and visuals. It's so realistic. On career mode i have lost 2 fights but won 10 na dhva egot an achievement.

Yes there are a few niggles and loading times seem to drag slightly but it's great and well worth £40

Is there really only 8 achievemnets to get

id say save ya notes. and just play the demo.

its repetetive. has good gfx and good multplayer. but... as a single player game. its too easy. i did 5 achievements in 3 hours.

prolly gonna ten day it. but after completing it!

you could rent it, and complete it in a weekend.

FN3 has sold out in a lot of places, play.com, some GAME stores etc. Must be something good about it. :thumbsup:

Yep, my sentiments are as Vini's, unless you want to be playing it on Live and when you have friends over, it becomes repetetive. I managed to find an appeal in spotting the boxing styles of the opponents and then exploiting them for the wins.

There are around 7-10 fights between belts/trophies/PPVs, with a single training session in between to break it up. I received my copy on the Wednesday through Gameplay and completed the career mode yesterday :eek:. For me, as I have done that, the single player mode has lost it's appeal. It will be the online aspect that I'm enjoying now before I get GRAW :)

JohnRoly said:
Nearly beaten the game (didn't get much sleep), but has anyone else found the Burger King fight nigh on impossible? Playing as a featherweight, but the guy I was matched against was like a giant with arms to match! Knocked him down a couple of times, but he was just too tough!

Youre a fair whack off the end of the game yet (judging by achievments) didnt seem to have problems witht he burger king fight but the everlast one I lost, making my way to become "The Greatest" now. (2 fights away)

Btw yeah its worth getting fn3!

Kinhell said:
Youre a fair whack off the end of the game yet (judging by achievments) didnt seem to have problems witht he burger king fight but the everlast one I lost, making my way to become "The Greatest" now. (2 fights away)

Btw yeah its worth getting fn3!

My gamercard hasn't been updated since early last night as I share a connection with the PC!! Just won the Featherweight title, my only loss being the Burger King challenge match, seems easier than the last fightnight. Might try the heavyweights next, then at least I wont have such a miss match when I get to this fight again!!

Body punches are the key to beating anybody I have found, can finish 95% of the fights in the second round with this method!

I think the game looks sensational but didnt buy it because i get bored of Beat 'em Ups kinda quickly. Thats why i ignored DOA4 and this game, but i play the demo sometimes. If i had the money though, i would buy it cos Outfit is just a disgrace!:rotfl:

dimples said:
According to xbox.com it is.

it is, and its possible to earn 6 within about 3 hours... possibly all 8...

its really short and repetetive :(

Vini said:
it is, and its possible to earn 6 within about 3 hours... possibly all 8...

its really short and repetetive :(

The first 6 acheivements are really easy to get, but to get the last two you are really put to the test. Get them first then brag about it

MANGABOY said:
The first 6 acheivements are really easy to get, but to get the last two you are really put to the test. Get them first then brag about it

im on it. im hopinh to get it done by tomorrow so i can return it.

edit: @ 10:44: in the espn ppv title fight now...

edit2: @ 10:45: won the ppv in first round... been the same story since getting past the first belt. 31-1-0 31ko's.

MOTD time...

MANGABOY said:

Don't forget to change the difficulty to hard too, from the default setting of medium. :p

yeah i consider myself a veteran too the game seen as i had the original fight and fight night round 2, so i started this game on the hard difficulty and knocking the guy out in the first round is easy as anything!! :cool: ...but when i go online, its the reverse, i feel like the AI on easy :( ....damn yanks!

i have all the achievements apart from win a everlast sposored fight, i somehow managed to lose when th efight got sponsored by everlast, when is the next time a match will be sposored by them so i can get the achievement?

yawn... everlast achievement... 2nd round - stopped by ref... on hard.

now dont get me wrong the games not rubbish.. its just:

- im not a boxing fan
- i dont need to pay £40 to show the gfx off to my friends as i have the demo
- ive finished it, so can trade it for another great 360 game

Vini said:
yawn... everlast achievement... 2nd round - stopped by ref... on hard.

now dont get me wrong the games not rubbish.. its just:

- im not a boxing fan
- i dont need to pay £40 to show the gfx off to my friends as i have the demo
- ive finished it, so can trade it for another great 360 game

Swap for GRAW:thumbsup:

Game isnt about single player for me, all about the live part vs real people, thats the challenge.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom