Is FIFA 06 any good?

I have ordered Pro evo.

But I might still be tempted with Fifa if it features infrastructure play. Does anyone know?

Thanks

Ricky

yumyum33 said:
I have ordered Pro evo.

But I might still be tempted with Fifa if it features infrastructure play. Does anyone know?

Thanks

Ricky
Yes it does

That is excellent, have you or anyone else tried it?

Might have to invest in this over the weekend, if it is any good.

Thanks

Ricky

ive never been a fifa man but me and my mate bought it today so we can play the multiplayer.......but
its as smooth as a babies bum when playing on your own but playing wireless multiplayer its very glitchy and slow!
ea really are money grabbing ****s!
why should it make such a big difference ,surely they could of optimized it better!
bring on pro evo hopefully they can sort this out!

IN A WORD 'NO'!! hold on the the real game not the old ice hockey sim

well i hope this is down to lazy coding and not just the psp having issues playing over wifi :rolleyes:

hold out for winning eleven (pro evo), by far the most realistic footie game ever made. Fifa06 is poor in the graphics department looks like the gba version when in the sidline view, plus still too easy to score.

I really want to wait for the "better" game that is Pro Evo BUT it doesnt feature online play does it? FIFA06 DOES which is a serious advantage which means I think I will buy FIFA for PSP and PES for PS2.

Has anyone else had problems with FIFA online? I have PES5 on order but as stated earlier in the thread Fifa does support infrastructure mode which I'm itching to try.

I've been playing it a bit. I must admit that i'm not really a football player, but i did find that the players can get ridiculously small on the screen.

Overall I just felt a bit uninspired! Was a bit bemused by that fact that the little loading messages boast about 'This years advances!' and 'This year you can...' :mad:

Bloody EA! :rolleyes:

can anyone give a genuine review?... is it worth or purchase or not? -- previews of winning eleven have been mixed, a couple saying that its not so very smooth on the psp, and no commentary, and no infrastructure -- All things that fifa does, apparently very well.

PES is a better game of football. Sure, there's no commentary, but to be honest, with the standard PES commentary, that's a good thing.

FIFA is poor, simple as that.

What it comes down to is whether you would like a good offline game (that can be played with friends) or a poor online game that can be played with anyone.

chrislad said:
PES is a better game of football. Sure, there's no commentary, but to be honest, with the standard PES commentary, that's a good thing.

FIFA is poor, simple as that.

What it comes down to is whether you would like a good offline game (that can be played with friends) or a poor online game that can be played with anyone.

while i apreciate your point of view, have you actually played Fifa 06 and PES on the PSP... otherwise you're really just assuming the above, aren't you?.

and that sir, makes an ass out of u and me... and if you have played both, then i apologise for my attitude - i just want an honest review, i do apreciate what you're saying though, and, to a degree - agree.

If the rumours of choppiness and long loading times on PES are true though... i may just end up with none of the above.

^^^ WE9:UE has terrible slowdowns in the box and the load times are rank. Other than that its a good game.

Haven't played fifa 06

Moogrose said:
while i apreciate your point of view, have you actually played Fifa 06 and PES on the PSP... otherwise you're really just assuming the above, aren't you?.

and that sir, makes an ass out of u and me... and if you have played both, then i apologise for my attitude - i just want an honest review, i do apreciate what you're saying though, and, to a degree - agree.

If the rumours of choppiness and long loading times on PES are true though... i may just end up with none of the above.

I have played Winning Eleven 9, the JAP version of ProEvo 5. I've also play FIFA Soccer and the new FIFA 06. Both suck. I can't really comment on choppiness for ProEvo as I ran it from the memory stick (which I plan to do with all my games as it's just faster), and it ran smoothly with zero slowdown. FIFA Soccer is very choppy, and while FIFA 06 is better, it's still miles from ProEvo.

Online play is the only thing it's got going for itself.

Cowden_harley said:
^^^ WE9:UE has terrible slowdowns in the box and the load times are rank. Other than that its a good game.

play from a mem card at 333hz and u will see!

Spacecat said:
play from a mem card at 333hz and u will see!
how can you do this ? :lease:

chrislad said:
I have played Winning Eleven 9, the JAP version of ProEvo 5. I've also play FIFA Soccer and the new FIFA 06. Both suck. I can't really comment on choppiness for ProEvo as I ran it from the memory stick (which I plan to do with all my games as it's just faster), and it ran smoothly with zero slowdown. FIFA Soccer is very choppy, and while FIFA 06 is better, it's still miles from ProEvo.

Online play is the only thing it's got going for itself.

Fair enough... i think i'll just have to wait till both are out, and try them both out... apreciate the relpy though.

Anyone have good news about Fifa 06?

I've got the game and I don't see what the fuss is about over slating it. Looks like a Gameboy Advance game?? Please...

It's Fifa, it's like all editions of Fifa but portable. I've also played wifi agaisnt a friend and I gotta say it was flawless, no lag or slowdown.

Load times are painless, commentry is very good. I don't play as Premier League teams, but from what I have seen of the Prem League players close up it seems pretty good. Shirt detail...while not as detailed as the PC version, still very acceptable, you can easily see sponsers etc clearly. The default cam angle is quite far away and players are quite small, but IMO not a problem.

Yes it's easy to score, but you can play some decent football and score some spectacular goals.

One major gripe is the transfer dealings are WAY behind. In fact Sean Thornton (Doncaster Rovers) isn't even in the game :(

Bottom line......put things into perspective. For a portable version of Fifa this is more than acceptable.

Any other questions, just ask.

Hope this helps.

EDITED - load times comments didn't make sense lol

Tigerblade said:
I've got the game and I don't see what the fuss is about over slating it. Looks like a Gameboy Advance game?? Please...

It's Fifa, it's like all editions of Fifa but portable. I've also played wifi agaisnt a friend and I gotta say it was flawless, no lag or slowdown.

Load times are not painless either, commentry is very good. I don't play as Premier League teams, but from what I have seen of the Prem League players close up it seems pretty good. Shirt detail...while not as detailed as the PC version, still very acceptable, you can easily see sponsers etc clearly. The default cam angle is quite far away and players are quite small, but IMO not a problem.

Yes it's easy to score, but you can play some decent football and score some spectacular goals.

One major gripe is the transfer dealings are WAY behind. In fact Sean Thornton (Doncaster Rovers) isn't even in the game :(

Bottom line......put things into perspective. For a portable version of Fifa this is more than acceptable.

Any other questions, just ask.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Tiger, thats all i wanted to hear... it seems any questions on this game are generally met with a "Wait for PES" attitude, and while a respect that i haven't heard good things about winning eleven and its ultimately not what i want to hear... i'm gonna go pick this up i think.

Bless you... bless you very much.

Quite like this game, is fun and thats what counts. What gets me is that the opposition can tackle u so easily [even on easy mode] yet it takes a bit more to return the favour!

Maybe its because i'm playin as Leeds utd :D

pro evo 5 is really fast and loads really quickly when run under umd emulator at 333mhz! :clap:

The english language patch also makes it a lot more accessible!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom