Is FIFA 06 any good?

Hmmm I take it this is a serious question, it's just that when I hear any question like "Is FIFA any good?" I tend to look for the punchline somwhere.

The answer is NO. FIFA has, is and probably always will be poor and should never be purchased over a piece of gaming brilliance like Pro Evo/Winning Eleven. To put things in perspective, FIFA could have slick online play, photorealistic graphics and the game could have every option under the sun in it and I would still buy Pro evo with no online play and no options apart from the ability to play 15 min exhibition games with a choice of 6 teams!

CAS FAN said:
FIFA could have slick online play, photorealistic graphics and the game could have every option under the sun in it and I would still buy Pro evo with no online play and no options apart from the ability to play 15 min exhibition games with a choice of 6 teams!
Any football fan worth their salt would agree with that 110% i've tried fifa in the past thinking oh it'll be better this year for sure? and it always fails year after year.

I've said it before and i'll say it again i would'nt have fifa if they gave me it FREE.

Buy Pro evo and you'll never look back, it doe's what it says on the tin. :D

4000th post and its about evo :clap: ;)

-Jay- said:
Any football fan worth their salt would agree with that 110% i've tried fifa in the past thinking oh it'll be better this year for sure? and it always fails year after year.

I've said it before and i'll say it again i would'nt have fifa if they gave me it FREE.

Buy Pro evo and you'll never look back, it doe's what it says on the tin. :D

4000th post and its about evo :clap: ;)

Congrats! :clap: A fitting subject for any 4000th post!

I played a spot oe WE9:UE tonight using UMD Emulator 8 (running at 333mhz) and was very, very impressed!

It runs flawlessly with no slowdown and as it's on my mem stick the load times are instant! It looks and plays almost identical to it's bigger console cousin and the only things really missing are the Wide camera view and commentary (although lack of commentary is more of a blessing than anything else). It's a shame that there's no propper 16:9 view as well (it's just the 4:3 picture squashed to fit as the centre circle fills the same amount fo screen that it does on the PS2/X-Box on normal long view) and I do prefer the wide view to see more of the pitch. That said, if there was a wide view on the PSP then the men would be tiny! I guess they had to exclude the wide view as it uses more processor power. The control is good, although the PSP is not the most comfortable unit to hold and the analogue stick could benefit from one of those bigger replacement nubs that you can get.

All in all this is excellent though and I spent my first game in a state of awe that I was playing PES/WE, (which looks almost identical to the game running on a current gen console) on a handheld!! :eek:

Stunning is the only word for it!

i think im going to have to try this running from memory stick as the loading times and general slowdown in the box at busy times is a joke on W11.i also have fifa and while its obviously no pro evo beater it certainly is an entertaining alternative imho,think of it as pro evo is the forza/gran turismo and fifa as burnout/midnight club.people started moaning about the loading times on tiger woods etc and i honestly have to say i have neve noticed slow loading times till W11,one of the little niggles is the amount of time it takes to make substitution`s :mad: never mind the other loading times.

i think people are overly harsh on FIFA as before 2004 it was an absolute no go compared to pro evo but i think that there is a place for both on the PSP as they both have benefits and downsides.im less impressed with pro evo than i was with fifa but my expectations are lower for fifa lol.

fifa is just not football like which is why people who play pro evo swear by it.
The difference is really one of 'FEEL' pro evo is smooth and just feels like you are playing football, fifa by contrast is stilted and
un natural. Unless you play both its hard to explain the difference

The substitutions in WE9 are a bit of a pain , the game seems to want to show you the real delay of a substitution but it really is a great conversion esp played off a mem stick

Wonder if it will be a bit quicker when released here? Is deffo on my list of buys!

Ok, played the Jap iso with English menus, all i can say is wow - it kicks Fifa into touch!

Very smooth and plays so much better, really hope the umd plays as good when its released at the end of the month!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom