Question Is every 50 Hz panel 60 Hz too?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by antoniokratos, Aug 2, 2016.

1. antoniokratos

antoniokratos
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello.

I bought my Sony KDL-32W705B one year ago and then I started to read that it has a 50 Hz panel (200 Hz Motionflow XR).

The thing is, is every 50 Hz panel 60 Hz too?

Or will I be losing 10 fps when I play 60 fps games on a 50 Hz panel.

Some people say that every TV is 50/60 Hz panel since 2009, but I don't know what to think.

Greetings.

2. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,424
    Your Display will accept a range of Input signals (60Hz, 50Hz, 24p...) - how it then chooses to 'display' those signals on the pixel array can be a bit tricky to confirm and may alter depending on what Modes you enable on the TV for a given Input signal.

Confirm in the TV manual what signals it supports via its various Inputs and what Modes it offers for any given Input - most TV's offer a 'Game' mode which will usually minimise re-processing by the TV.

Joe

3. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,093
    According to Sony's own specs it supports [email protected] output.

The days of 50hz PAL and gaming are well over, pretty much everything games wise defaults to a 60Hz output and PAL is only used by broadcast TV and things like Blu-ray/DVD.

The 200Hz motionflow stuff is not used for game mode or if using a PC connected to the display.

So your fine there is nothing to worry about, 60Hz output is supported and is the norm these days.

4. choddo

choddo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +477
    PAL isn’t used by anything any more. 50Hz is used by TV broadcasts. DVD and Blu-ray uses 24Hz for movies on most players from the last decade.