is euro 1080 a total joke?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by gbmitie, Mar 13, 2006.

1. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    About a year ago I foolishly bought a card to receive euro 1080 which then became HD1 but I have been away, old pc broke, got a new one and now I find I no longer can get HD1.Went to their website and it was a total waste of time. What is it that one needs to know when looking for a sat channel? yes the frequency and the sat. I challenge anyone to find that information on the hd1 website.

link

http://www.hd-1.tv/

I think they have moved satellites but where ??

I despair but that card cost me in the region of 200 euro, nice trick, take money and then swop sat.

Its putting me off this HD malarkey.

fed up

gbmitey

2. cwick

cwick

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +95
    Clicked on "How to receive HD1" at top of the page ...

Astra 1D @23.5° East

Freq: 10.758 Mhz
    Symbol Rate: 22.000 Mbps
    Polarization: Vertical

Astra 1H @19.2 East
    (Till december 31° 2005)

Freq: 12.168Mhz
    Symbol Rate: 27.5 Mbps
    Polarisation Vertical

3. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    well, I now feel a bit of a wally but I have learnt a new lesson. I use opera as my preferred browser and have it set to ie6 but it will not open that pop up. I did it with ie6 and it worked. At least I have the frequency now but showing the date december 2005 when it is now March 2006 does not fill me with joy.

Many thanks for taking the trouble to reply. I am not sure I will be able to get 23.5e.

gbmitey

4. Piers

Piers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    23.5 is Astra !D which is the new satellite for HD-!.

HD-1 from Astra 1 was no problem. Since they moved to 23.5 I have been unable to receive it. I have an Arcon Sweetie dish that is supposed to be the equivalent of a 90cm dish, a sat finder (and have had no problems with finding various sats) but Astra 1D has got me beaten. Any help would be much appreciated, foreign HD channels look great but English audio would be appreciated, so I need Astra 1D - what am I doing wrong?

5. 1080 jawbreaker

1080 jawbreaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +899
    your not missing much, still showing the same old junk now as they were months ago:rotfl:

6. gbmitie

gbmitie

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    i can get the fta one hd2 I think on an 85cm dish but quality is at best 18% so that is too weak to descramble the encrypted one. I think its a big con, I paid for a10 year sub and then they move satellite!!! I am moving in the near future and will try with 1.1 triax.

although we are not missing much. i had it as a novelty.

gbmitey

ps they have not replied to my email yet.

7. Piers

Piers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    From that I assume you had no problem with the switch to Astra 1D. What size dish are you using?

And having had Euro 1080 for well over a year I know I'm not missing much :devil:

8. 1080 jawbreaker

1080 jawbreaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +899
    1mtr televes offset dish. signal is booming in here. (NE UK) on 1D and 3A. Dish alignment is critical for 3A reception. To be sure your dish is aligned i would suggest using one of the Kabel Deutchland transponders on 3A. If you pick those up then 1D should be BOOMing in :)

9. Piers

Piers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    It sounds like my Arcon Sweetie should be well up to receiving 1D. I have a suspicion that my cheap and cheerful SatFinder may not be up to the job if alignment is "critical" - Hotbird, Astra 1 and 2, Thor, etc were no problem but 1D has been in a different league. The "finder" gave all the right indications but I ended up with a load of ITV channels when I selected 1D on the Quali receiver using the HD1 frequencies - signal strength very low but I must have been receiving from Astra 2. Moving further, Hotbird boomed in, not what I wanted as I have that off another dish.

I do video / audio calibration for a living, using seriously expensive test gear - time to let the moths out of the wallet and let loose the guys with the Spectrum Analysers I suspect!

10. 1080 jawbreaker

1080 jawbreaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +899
    3A alignment is critical as the beam is focused on Germany. 1D shouldnt be a problem though. Have you tried picking HD1 up via Sirius 5.0e. I could be wrong but the acorn sweetie dish/lnb may not be up to the job. Years ago when 1D was first launched and located at 19.2e it couldnt be recieved by a lot of dishes as it used frequencys at the lower end of the spectrum that required a universal lnb and a reciever with a 22kz tone switch to trigger the lnb. Maybe your sat meter is screwing this up.

I set up my motorised dish without the aid of a meter. On your dish mount there should be a degrees marker. Note what it is at 28.2 and 19.2. you can then work out the elevation of 23.5e. Its then just a matter of moving your dish left/right. Its alot easier setting up a motorized system :)

11. 1080 jawbreaker

1080 jawbreaker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +899
    if you get me your longitude and latitude i can get you the exact dish elevation. Will make alignment a breeze

for long and lat : http://www.multimap.com/