1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is DVDSoon still delivering any dvds?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD discs' started by achilles8, Aug 19, 2004.

1. achilles8

achilles8
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I gave up waiting for the rocky and woody allen box sets after 2 months and cancelled my order. I then decided to use the credit to order some DVD-A's. But now three days after I placed the 3 orders (all of which were in stock when I ordered) I have two which again show "on order" and one which says "in transit".
    Does anyone know what transit they are referring to as it definitely isnt the same as shipped!
    cheers

2. Gorshin

Gorshin
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have the same problem with loads of unfulfilled orders. I went and bought 6 or 7 more the other day (see dvdsoon bargain thread). I keep saying to myself not to buy again from dvdsoon, but the prices are sometimes too good to resist!

3. west

west

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had seven shipped since the beginning of August, although I haven't received e-mails for every single one of them.

4. mrbloke

mrbloke
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Similar story here. They are still coming through though, I had one yesterday morning.

5. hddvdman

hddvdman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    somethere over there but not near here, there
    Ratings:
    +155
    me too they have been coing throgh thick and fast, ordered lost boys 2, next day shipped received 4 days later - i think back catalogue stuff can take a while sometimes, check out the hellboy dir cut with hellboy head - well cheap...

6. carldrichardson

carldrichardson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have been frustrated like all on certain titles, but i have still recieved the normal flow of films i have ordered. like we say they are too cheap to resist & on many occassion i have been waiting a long time for films. but we cant :cool: have our cake & eat it all the time

7. Ger

Ger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    The only thing they are reliable for are new releases. Any pre-orders I had with them were shipped as soon as the disc was released. Older items are another story. I have 4 discs on order since the start of July! No emails, updates, apologies etc.

Its all well and good to say that their prices are great, but if they don't ship the stuff to you then you are paying for nothing (and that doesn't sound like a bargain to me!).

8. Mabbs

Mabbs
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had Lost Highway on order for about 2 months, gave up and cancelled it. Looked for something that was in stock to be sure I'd get it, been on order for a few days and now the in stock text below the dvd has disappeared. Had this happen a few times but I have had some decent bargains from them in the past so it's a shame. The puzzling thing for me is that my original order changed about 5/6 times from on order to in transit and back again.

9. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Received Highlander 1 Ultimate this morning. :)

10. sapper44

sapper44

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I'v been waiting 5 weaks for the Rock box set.Sent them e-mail.They replied quite quickly with expecting them in soon (next weak) and were very sorry for the delay.Having said that my mate has orderd about 6 titles and all but 1 has turned up.He has been waiting about 4 weaks.This is the first time I'v used them but my mate has had loads with no problems so I will give them the benefit of the doubt and wait a bit longer for mine as it is a good price and worth the wait,

11. Sick Boy

Sick Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +140
    Got an email stating they had sent my order for Near Dark yesterday. Been waiting for about 2 weeks for them to send that one.

12. nickyvicar

nickyvicar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    The "transit" they refer to is from supplier to Dvdsoon.
    Likewise (and not a lot of people know this), the delivery status given on the site, is the status with the supplier. So "in stock" means that the supplier "potentially" has it in stock. Same with 2-3 days and 1-2 weeks, you have to take these with a pinch of salt.

I have bought approx 100 movies from them and have found them in the main good to deal with. I am prepared to wait for stuff when the prices are SO good.

Only (touch wood!) one disc so far went astray, which was replaced after the compulsory waiting period.

One issue I do have with them however, is their refusal to take any responsibility for title details. E.g. Warners movies being listed as "keep case" when they are snappers, movies listed as widescreen when they are not etc. I have pointed out the errors to Dvdsoon but they wont change details listed and always reply with a standard "T&C" and "details are supplied by our suppliers and we cannot be held resposible" etc.
    Nick

13. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,072
    Moved to DVD Talk

14. eas4uk

eas4uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Its very true that they are super-fast with new releases - every preorder I've made with them has always turned up much earlier than expected and that includes the 4-5 days shipping time from Canada

However, my Teen Wolf order was made over two months ago and still no sign - numerous emails to and fro and I have been assured it would be sorted soon but still no sign of the disc... This is already well documented in the forums...

Saying that I did order the Peacemaker and Donnie Brasco from them about two weeks ago and both turned up on Thursday just gone - thats much better...

15. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,072
    Granted DVD Soon are about the cheapest there is, so waiting a while isn't too bad, but what happens if it turns into another Splash scenario. They have taken the money for all these orders, not yet delivered and go out of business. Probably won't happen but something to keep any eye out for. It's why I am not preordering a great amount at one time from them.

16. eas4uk

eas4uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +75
    Thats a fair point - now that cdwow have changed there shipping routes I'll be using them more again for boxsets and the like

Ive got CSI seas4 and Alias S3 on order at DVDSoon - fingers crossed they will remain in business until they are shipped - If you got a refund rather than a credit note Id cancel my orders with DVDSoon to avoid the potential customs charges

17. PaulaB

PaulaB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have just had 10.5, Pride and Prejudice (1980) Mansfield Park and Sense and sensibility posted to me onthe 18th august. I had Northanger Abbey on order but it was down as "on order so was expecting to wait a couple of months, but got a nice supprise when it arrived in a week.