1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is DVD PACIFIC has been Hacked again?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by figlio, Sep 16, 2004.

1. figlio

figlio
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I just recived the visa statement and there is a transaction by the name of DIAGE.com of $34.95 dated on 27.08.2004. Does this has somethink to do with dvdpacifc?
    What I know is that on the 17 of August I received an email from dvdpacific that they had to change the password for my account becouse of some sort of hacking but my account was debited on the 27 of August

2. captainH

captainH

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    according to other reports, the diage.com entry on your statement is a result of the dvdpacific hack. Many people have spoken of this. I guess these b**tard hackers had your CC details for a while and have only just used them.

3. figlio

figlio
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks captain I try to get a refung from my bank.

4. phelings

phelings
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A friend at work has lost over £200 due to this and his bank are saying its Pacific who have to pay up as its their security that has been breached-not the banks

5. Iain Shields

Iain Shields

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I think it's time to cancel your card (if you havn't allready) and get a new one issued.

I'm not a DVD Pacific customer so don't have this problem (yet :rolleyes: ) but that would be the first thing I would do if I even suspected my card details were in any way comprimised... hope you get everything sorted mate.

Regards,
    Iain.

6. runningback

runningback
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    If you registered with dvdpacific after the 1st of September you should be fine, if however you registered way before that date and haven't made any purchases in the last months the hacker still could have your credit card details, so you would have to cancel your card, because it still would be possible to make fraudulent claims, even if they haven't hacked pacific again which i doubt.
    So as much as a pain it seems everybody who had an account with pacific before September should change the card.
    Don't know which other sites have been hacked, but there seem to be more than pacific.
    I'm only using cahoot webcard on the net which generates details and numbers separately for every transaction.