Is Disney+ in 4K HDR in UK?

stevenlatham01

Standard Member
I know that Netflix, Disney+ and Amazon Prime reduced their streaming when lockdown started but now lockdown has finished Netflix and Prime are both streaming back in 4K HDR but my Disney+ is still just streaming in HD. Is it the same for everyone in the UK? I have set the streaming to 4K in the settings but it hasn’t changed anything. I have a Samsung KS8000 65” if that makes a difference. BT internet. I have used the TV app and PS4 but no luck. Can’t find anything in the internet about it either.

dante01

Distinguished Member
Yes, Disney+ is inclusive of 4K UHD HDR titles in the UK. Many titles include Dolby Vision HDR and Atmos audio.

The resolution and inclusion of Atmos wasn't initially available due to Disney capping their bandwidth in response to the COVID=19 lockdowns, but the bandwidth has now been restored and subscribers are now getting access to higher resolutions and Atmos audio. HDR was still available during the period over which the bandwidth was capped.

I'd suggest that your issue is specific to your Samsung TV. Many Samsung TV owners have experienced similar issues with the Disney app on their TVs.

Last edited:

lgans316

Distinguished Member
and arguably the best quality amongst the streaming services (next to ATV).

ozzzy189

Distinguished Member
In the other thread someone mentions the same films being hdr in the US and only sdr here. Great.

lgans316

Distinguished Member
In the other thread someone mentions the same films being hdr in the US and only sdr here. Great.
That's limited to Cars and very few Pixar titles and Onward is not available in the UK yet. Rest are pretty much identical.

Markewing1974

Novice Member
I have a ku6000 and still only showing hd only . While Netflix and prime play 4k without any problem. Tbh the app has been a joke from day one.

Benji315

I'd suggest getting a fire stick or looking at an alternative streamer for your content myself :) found it more much stable.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Best Hi-Fi products of 2020, Plus Best of the Month for TV Shows & Movies
Top Bottom