Is creating Dual Boot to same windows partition possible?

KILLER NADS

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Really need to know if what im trying to do is possible or not!

Basically I have a dual boot system setup (after alot of hussle and tussle!), im using Ubuntu and BURG for a graphical dual boot system.

On this boot menu i have the options of:
OpenElec+XBMC
Windows 7
Ubuntu

However, I'm now needing to customise my windows 7 to create a shell that automatically loads up xbmc aswell! Thats fine i can do that part.

What i want to know is can i create two separate Windows 7 boot options that take me to the same windows installation, one would be with the XBMC shell and one would be without (i.e. a general windows launch)!

Is this possible? or am i going to have to install windows 7 twice on seperate partitions for this to work!? Obviously i dont want two seperate windows 7 installs as thats just troublesome with syncing data between the installs!

Thanks.

thanks for the link M0t0k0!

Although not what i was directly wanting, its come in use anyway for something else that i wanted to do.

Via the method 9 you posted above, its still booting into xbmc and then you have to exit. I just need one boot option to go straight to the explorer shell and another option to go straight to the xbmc shell!

I guess its going to be really low level and difficult to find someone who has done this before. Probably someone who has hacked around alot with windows and boot options.

ok dont worry about it, ive just used the above option that youve posted now. thanks.

i was aiming to set up two different shells, one for xbmc and one for explorer. Then have a boot option for each shell!

But i guess its not going to be possible to do unless i set up two different windows users, each with a different shell. Which isnt the same as having two different boot menu options, hence ive just left it to boot to xbmc shell and then if i want to access windows i have to exit xbmc! Its just annoying to always load xbmc on startup automatically even when i know that i wont be using it!

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom