Is component the best cable for my 360

Brendetta

Standard Member
I have a hdtv and a premium 360 that came with the hd component cable. My tv is a samsung le26r74bd and just wondered if I could improve the picture even more some how.
Thanks

smashie

Novice Member
if your tv supports vga input i would go and treat yourself to one it will make your comp leads look like sd by comparison..

beowulf

Banned
Compo looks exc on bravia , vga looks soft in comparison

Praxidike

Banned
Component looks best for me, and it generally gives a more stable picture over different TVs - it's always a decent quality. The VGA is sometimes better on some TVs, it's sometimes worse. On mine it's worse - the colours are all washed out, so I use component.

blicky_1

You will never know unless you can try both IMO.

Compo for me though! :smashin:

Soundwave

Distinguished Member
I can only have Component on my JVC CRT anyway but for me that knocks anything else I'ves seen into a cocked hat @ 1080i

Absolutley gorgeous picture colours are spot on, Graphics are crisp & incredibly detailed, compared to the RGB I was using before it's like Night & Day really really worth the money

Neil

peahead

Vga looks best on my sammy

G

gt123

You will never know unless you can try both IMO.

Compo for me though! :smashin:
I'd have to buy two cables to try both, so I won't be doing that. I'll probably get the VGA cable, just because I can buy it in-store, rather than from Toshiba. If I used component though, and it supports 720p, would that look strange when the pc resolution of the lcd is 1360x768?

RGP

What about JVC LT-32DS6B? I'm using component currently, looks ok to me.

djjuk

Have used both the official MS Component & VGA with my Sony Bravia, & the Component wins easily..Sharper & more vibrant.

Dubster

Ive got both official cables and the vga gets my vote.Gaming is about the same but dvd playback with the vga is far superior on my jvc.

BName

Banned
Hi i might do this and put my dvdr via component instead. Are any of the vga leads you can get for it better than others ?

Dubster

i assume thats because it upscales the image over VGA?

g
Not sure mate but with component it was slightly more grainy (used terminator 3 rise of the machines and gladiator for comparison) and not as sharp.I know its not overly scientific but on my lcd, vga does look better.

blicky_1

I'd have to buy two cables to try both, so I won't be doing that. I'll probably get the VGA cable, just because I can buy it in-store, rather than from Toshiba. If I used component though, and it supports 720p, would that look strange when the pc resolution of the lcd is 1360x768?
Erm no, you already have the component cable if you think the pic is good enough then don't buy the VGA :smashin:

Like I said the only way is to try both on the same set with the same game/DVD, I have tried both as I borrowed a mates to test the VGA but I'm more than happy with the component (as I have an upscaling DVD player anyway)

IanW

Compo looks exc on bravia , vga looks soft in comparison
I agree completely :smashin: Unfortunately, in order to get the best from my Wii, the Wii is now using Component and the 360 is running on VGA. Running 40V2000 both not looking too bad. . . :rolleyes:

Ian.

Thekop

Novice Member
I agree completely :smashin: Unfortunately, in order to get the best from my Wii, the Wii is now using Component and the 360 is running on VGA. Running 40V2000 both not looking too bad. . . :rolleyes:

Ian.
Component is the best without question on my Bravia :smashin:

If you run out of component inputs, i recommend a Joytech 245C AV Control Center. You can buy them for around £89.99.

* Connect up to seven AV or game console devices to your TV
* AS-HD technology maintains optimum signal clarity
* 6 component video inputs
* 7 composite video, S-video and stereo audio inputs
* 4 digital optical inputs
* 3 port Ethernet LAN Hub
* Front panel inputs for quick AV connection
* Fully programmable LCD Display
* Remote Control and Cables included

It works a treat.. :thumbsup:

G

gt123

Erm no, you already have the component cable if you think the pic is good enough then don't buy the VGA :smashin:
anyway)
I know it comes with a component cable, but my TV runs component through its VGA input, so i'd need to buy cable to convert the component output to a VGA input.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Philips OLED+935 impressions, Denon AVC110 Review, Film Reviews, News and More...

Latest News

AVForums Podcast: 21st October 2020
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
LG SIGNATURE OLED R TV now available in South Korea
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
LG Display teams with Disney for OLED Projects
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Campfire Audio updates Vega and Dorado earphones
  • By Andy Bassett