Is CD-Wow blacklisting vouchers users ?

J

janfi

Hey everyone,

Sorry if this is posted in the wrong forum but as it concerns vouchers at Cd-Wow.

I made some purchases a few days ago at Cd-Wow using the usual scheme (£1 off link + £1.50 off voucher) and Cd-Wow cancelled my orders.

I emailed them about that matter and they told me that it was a problem with my credit card, bla, bla, bla, and, oh, by the way, they asked me how I got so many vouchers.

As I'm sure it's not a credit card problem (i often buy on Internet on different website and never had a single problem), I tried again but without success. Again, the day after the purchase, the order was cancelled.

I've tried once again today and now, when I enter my credit card number, there is this message:

"We are unable to process the transaction at this time. Check that you have entered the correct details or retry with another card. Alternatively, contact the merchant to arrange alternative means of payment."

First time it happens to me. I'm quite sure they have me blacklisted because I used too many vouchers. Is this happening for anyone else ? I thought they said once on this forum that it was ok to use several vouchers.

JP

Ive never had a problem, but I have ordered 3 items with vouchers in the past 5 days and none have been dispatched yet but they have already charged my card for 2 of them so I doubt it will stop now.

How many vouchers did you use?

Well, I must have used between 10 and 20 vouchers since their appearance ie several months ago.

Its probably a coincidence. Although I have heard of other companies blacklisting people, I havent heard of CD Wow doing it. Ive used about 6 in total. And im sure other people have used just as many if not more.

Theyre probably grateful for the business since its not them who subsidises the vouchers but the sponsors themselves.

Maybe Im wrong but it seems a bit unlikely they would blacklist any further custom

Yes, I have purchased about 50 times on their website so I was surprised when it happened.

Well, I have emailed one last time and will keep you updated with their answer.

This week CD Wow cancelled two of my orders. They didn't even bother to let me know. The only thing I received was a refund notification from Worldpay. Another order is still pending (since 1 Feb) and I am afraid it will be cancelled also. (all orders with £1 off link + £1.50 off voucher)

Hmmmm...
Haven't done the trick discount thing too much altho did use a number of their Freeserve vouchers (including 2 x 8.99 ones) :D
Will keep an eye on my outstanding orders (which have been paid for), but if they cancel mine as well, then it's 100% guaranteed I will never use them again. The associated bad press I will feel obliged to dish out is also a given.
That would be a real shame, though, because I've always found them very reliable otherwise.

I have had orders cancelled with them in the past (coincidentally when using vouchers), but that turned out to be because they couldn't get the stock in or had run out. Too many conspiracy theories going around here I think!

Ive been waiting over a week for my OutKast album which i got for 5.99.

However, they say their out of stock, and ive said i dont want my order cancelled.

I can't see a conspiracy here either. I've order 3 DVDs in the last couple of days using links and vouchers and they've been sent out to me.

having said that, they do appear a little slower than normal to dispatch, but as far as I'm concerned, they are honouring orders.

Personally, I don't think anyone can complain about CD-Wow and their discounts. They've been more than fair and we've all had a decent run bagging bargains.

I had one of mine dispatched this morning which only leaves 2 left to dispatch, all of which using £2.50 off.

They do seem a little slower but I think this could be because of all the press coverage they have had recently so they have seen an up in the amount of orders they have been taken - Just a guess:cool:

Originally posted by gingercat
I have had orders cancelled with them in the past (coincidentally when using vouchers), but that turned out to be because they couldn't get the stock in or had run out. Too many conspiracy theories going around here I think!
May be you're right. Probably it is just an unfortunate coincidence that they cancelled two of my orders this week (though I never had one cancellation before). However, if they had sent me cancellation notifications I would have known why they won't deliver. Of course I've emailled them about this and they replied: "Please allow upto 48 hours for the refund to show on your statement." Looks like an automatically generated message. Made me none the wiser. I agree that they are (or used to be) one of the best etailers but a better communication with their customers would be nice.
:lesson:

Could be that since the trustcard has finished the vouchers have expired???

Even using another card with a trustcard voucher??

Maybe they have tighten up on the system, with some checking.

It does say that you can only use one voucher per transaction, (it does on the 50p cards)

If you order it on 2 different days then thats 2 transactions. The vouchers havent expired yet either, I've used 2 trustcard vouchers since the offer ended. I think they have some life left in them yet ;) Got notification of 1 dispatch today.

I got this in a recent e mail about the cd pricing.

There have been a few cutbacks in the office, I'm working out of the YMCA and using an etch-a-sketch as my PC was sold.

They might have had to make some cutbacks,so they might not be so willing to loose soo much money through the vouchers

But I didn't think they lost anything with the vouchers? - Thought the companies who sponsored the vouchers ended up paying for them eg AMEX and Lloyds TSB.

bob1 and deanjamin - you're both kidding, right ? you took this to be serious ? :rolleyes:

These are a 100m a year company, and they didnt have to make cuts. They were not told to increase prices, they were told to get them from the EU, others do this and so why cant CDWOW. Heard they're going back to court of 1/3

And the vouchers are paid for by companys

Originally posted by bob1
I got this in a recent e mail about the cd pricing.

There have been a few cutbacks in the office, I'm working out of the YMCA and using an etch-a-sketch as my PC was sold.

They might have had to make some cutbacks,so they might not be so willing to loose soo much money through the vouchers

I got this email. Thought it was well funny. cdwow are the best. Good customer service. good prices, even without vouchers, and quick delivery.

You can always find something you want cheaper somewhere else if you look hard enough. Anyway it's hardly suprising they run out of stock, any good offer appears on here in minutes and we get out the CC and then search the web to see what we bought.

cdwow should not be getting grief because of the BPI :smashin: :smashin:

I thought that Spectre contacted cd-wow a while ago to ask if they objected to us guys posting details of the vouchers, and they were cool about it, so I don't see why they would start 'blacklisting' now.

Originally posted by PearlJam
bob1 and deanjamin - you're both kidding, right ? you took this to be serious ? :rolleyes:

No i'm not kidding, he is now living at the y.m.c.a with only tomato soup to eat.

I ordered Battle Royale 2 and Glengarry Glen Ross yesterday aftenoon and both were dispatched this morning.:smashin: I used the amex link for both and a 50p voucher. I have also used lots of vouchers. Maybe there IS a problem with your card.

No probs for me. In fact I bought off the HK site and still got 50p off vouchers with the delivery.

4 discs dispatched today, all using the £2.50 off method.

Paul

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom