Is banding inherent in LCD backlight (or fault)?

Goof

I got my first LCD TV yesterday, it is the 32" Relysis RTL32AB20 - whilst there was some concessions to be made on this TV (no native freeview, not officially HD ready though it has an HD panel) I felt it was a good option for me as I require an external digibox anyway, don't plan to use HDTV any time soon and will more often be out-putting from HCPC.

Overall the TV's not bad - sky picture varies from bad to acceptable (tbh I don't watch much TV/care) but when driven from HCPC it's great, good colour balance, good response, acceptable black levels.

The only thing that's bugging me is an apparent banding on the left hand side of the screen, a strip that's about 3" thick and lighter than the rest. It's only really noticable on light scenes (same old: sky, smoke etc) but is distracting. I'm just wondering if this is inherent in the backlights or whether it's a fault?

Goof

Ok, thanks guys - pain in the erse though, hope they don't expect me to have to ship it back :(

razer za lazer

Goof said:
Ok, thanks guys - pain in the erse though, hope they don't expect me to have to ship it back :(
If its under warranty the shop will arrange item to be picked up for free and droped back to u as well buddy just gotta go without your lovely new tv for a week or so !

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 OLED TV Review: The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom