• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is AVForums promoting BK?

Not Audiophile

Standard Member
I noticed there are loads of recommendations to buy BK on forums here. Whenever I post a thread about subwoofers I get someone telling me to buy a BK sub. It seems to be a little bit weird.

I also found the following:

Ebay:
"if you have not heard about the XXLS400-DF then visit AVForums.com - UK Online and search the XXLS400-DF"
BK XXLS400-DF Subwoofer Satin Black NEW + Warranty | eBay

BK's website:
"XLS200's with an AVForums mug on top for size comparisons."
Monolith

Guys, is this not suspicious?

goujam

No not suspicious I think its just that bk are at the price point most people on avforums want to spend and for that money they preform well !

I don't have a bk but I can still see they are good value ! Plus its nice to see a UK site promoting a UK company which in my opinion needs to be done more often !

mjcairney

Distinguished Member
No not suspicious I think its just that bk are at the price point most people on avforums want to spend and for that money they preform well !

I don't have a bk but I can still see they are good value ! Plus its nice to see a UK site promoting a UK company which in my opinion needs to be done more often !

I agree with the above comments with one exception, that being that I do have a BK subwoofer with which I replaced the original one in my Kef Egg setup.

Cheers,

Martin.

Trollslayer

Distinguished Member
It's like with media players - you get a lot of people with Dune (holds hand up) or WDTV on AVF.

davepuma

Distinguished Member
It's no surprise that you get forum favourites. When it comes to subs its BK, for cables it's van damme, fisual, markgrant etc, for bluray players it's oppo, TV's it was pioneer/is Panasonic etc etc. Both good and bad words spread fast on the Internet and whilst I agree that to a newcomer to the site, it does appear a tad suspicious, I've been here long enough to realise that they are all good products offering the best performance at their price points. In the end you should forum opinion and online/magazine reviews as a guide only. If you do your homework you'll rarely go wrong with the advice offered. I've bought many of the products recommended here at AVF and I have not been disappointed yet.

The latest video from AVForums

Hisense U7H TV and T+A Solitaire T headphone reviews, AV/HiFi news plus, what is screen uniformity?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom