• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is Avatar Collector's edition sold by Amazon.com playable in Europe?

Albers

Standard Member
Hi guys,
sorry for the separate thread but I wanted to sift out from the Avatar discussion.
I live in Europe and ordered this edition from Amazon.com:
Amazon.com: Avatar (Three-Disc Extended Collector's Edition + BD-Live) [Blu-ray]: Sam Worthington, Zoe Saldana, Sigourney Weaver, Michelle Rodriguez, Stephen Lang, Giovanni Ribisi, Joel David Moore, James Cameron: Movies & TV
First I thought that the movie is region free because there was no info on the site that it's locked. Then I saw on some web sites for region code info that the movie is actually region coded. Then on some pics from this forum (the edition sold by Tesco) it is visible that Disc 1 is region A/B and Discs 2,3 are region B/C.
So can someone confirm is the Collector's edition from USA playable in Europe (and I mean all 3 discs). I'm asking because I want to know if I'm to return the movie when it arrives without opening it.

Thanks for your help.
Regards.

Albers

Standard Member
Thanks for the quick reply. Can you please tell me where do you got your info, because different sites are stating different things?
For example this site which is very accurate for info is saying that the movie is playable in regions A and B (C not tested). And this site forwards you to Amazon.com:
Avatar Blu-ray: Extended Collector's Edition

According to this one, the situation is as you said:
Avatar (Extended Blu-ray Collector's Edition) Blu-ray Blu-ray Movie Online, Movies Shop, Film Plot Summary, Sales, Movie Trailer

Has anyone from Europe really tried it?

CJPowers81

Prominent Member
DVDWorldUSA are stating the same as Axelmusic. Disc 1 is region free and the other 2 are locked.

*Please Note*

Disc 1 is Multi-Region which contains all three versions of the movie.

Disc 2 & 3 are locked 'Region A'

golden phoenix

Distinguished Member
thats bloody ridiculous?! who the hell makes these decisions?

simonblue

Distinguished Member
Thanks for the quick reply. Can you please tell me where do you got your info, because different sites are stating different things?
For example this site which is very accurate for info is saying that the movie is playable in regions A and B (C not tested). And this site forwards you to Amazon.com:
Avatar Blu-ray: Extended Collector's Edition

According to this one, the situation is as you said:
Avatar (Extended Blu-ray Collector's Edition) Blu-ray Blu-ray Movie Online, Movies Shop, Film Plot Summary, Sales, Movie Trailer

Has anyone from Europe really tried it?

Yes it has been tested,Disc 1 the movie region free, but the extras on disc 2/3 are locked,tested at blu ray region info :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom