Is Atmos working?

tenno6

Novice Member
So I have a 5.1.2 setup with a denon receiver and just got an Xbox series x. My tv has earc and the Xbox is set to atmos mode but my denon display says DSur. I have seen it say atmos before though with my Apple TV and when I launched halo 5 it said atmos for a second before flipping to DSur.
My main question is DSur still atmos?

thanks

alebonau

So I have a 5.1.2 setup with a denon receiver and just got an Xbox series x. My tv has earc and the Xbox is set to atmos mode but my denon display says DSur. I have seen it say atmos before though with my Apple TV and when I launched halo 5 it said atmos for a second before flipping to DSur.
My main question is DSur still atmos?

thanks

It should actually say atmos for atmos as you have seen ...

tenno6

Novice Member
It should actually say atmos for atmos as you have seen ...
I discovered that halo 5 doesn’t have atmos and it does say atmos on a game that actually supports it lol.
Now I’m having another issue with Plex though. I have multiple movies with truehd audio tracks that are supposed to be atmos but when played on Plex they are just DSur. Do you have any experience with Plex and how to get atmos working on it?

alebonau

I discovered that halo 5 doesn’t have atmos and it does say atmos on a game that actually supports it lol.
Now I’m having another issue with Plex though. I have multiple movies with truehd audio tracks that are supposed to be atmos but when played on Plex they are just DSur. Do you have any experience with Plex and how to get atmos working on it?
sorry no, probably best asked in a plex - thread/forum...

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom