Is Apple computers buying Nintendo?

• Thread starter Deleted member 92943
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 92943

I keep hearing that Apple intend to buy out Nintendo or at least have some heavy involvment with Nintendo and the Wii

Is there any truth to this? What's the deal?

Chanser

Nintendo wouldn't sell to a American company will they?

More than likely they would sell to a Japanese company.

hpoom

Nintedo won't sell to an American company, you are right Chanser. But as other peoplse said this story was started by fan boys, it was kicked off when Nintendo showed off the Revolution (now Wii) for the first time in "Apple White" colour. I personaly hope they do not sell to Apple, although Apple are good (I'm using a MacBook Pro at the mo), they have no idea about the games industry, and Nintendo need to keep doing what they are doing now!

Also I hate the "Apple White" colour so I want Nintendo to return to nice colours again.

gingerone

I find that very hard to believe, Nintendo is making money and looks set to make even more with the wii why would they even consider selling up?

The_Wierd

Its nothing to do with how much money a company makes - mergers can happen between successful companies too for strategic reasons. In fact a successful company is obviously more attractive than an unsuccessful one. That said - never gonna happen.

figoagogo

It wouldn't surprise me to see some new Ipod models supporting (simple) gaming in some way.

They must feel a bit out in the cold with MS and Sony getting systems in to the living room. I wonder how the MacMini is doing?

Kube

The rumour actually began with Microsoft showing off that new handheld (cant remember the names) to go up against the Ipod. Its plays games as well, so suddenly Ipod needs games, then Nintendo got metioned. You can see where the rumour ended up.

andytabor

Maybe nintendo or apple will release some kind of cross over product like the motorola itunes phone.

momomo

Banned
Nintendo arent really about money.

Miyamoto the guy behind Mario, Zelda etc .. has sold more games then the Beatles and Elvis combined have sold records. Yet he takes home a salary.

figoagogo

andytabor

who needs apple when nintendo are bringing out a console this good looking:

hpoom

andytabor said:
who needs apple when nintendo are bringing out a console this good looking:
In black yes, but the white looks crap like the eMac, and the new iMac range. Although I use macs I am lucky enough to have a MacBook Pro at the mo, so I don't have to put up with the white colour (they really should do iMacs in all the colours they used to, white is just nasty). Actually forget Black, Navy to match my DS Lite would be nice!

andytabor

yeah, black is nice looking too, id love to have a red one like in the prototype shots from e3 2005

INSOMANiAC

Banned
You're right, nintendo arent really about money, thats why they've released the same pokemon game several times under different names.......

J_C_X

Maybe a Nintendo/Apple iPod/DS hybrid to really rub Sony's nose in it. Thats the best we can hope for.