IS anything actually shown on ITV HD?

Such

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I've had this added to my thompson box for some time now, and get the "ITV HD Service currently unavailable" logo screen, but have yet to see any programs broadcast. I check now and again in the evenings but nothing has been on. Is this the case, just have to keep checking and programs will appear as they are broadcast?

Thanks

Boy Meets Girl (Fri 9pm ??) is HD. Champions League Final (Wed 6/7pm??) is HD plus the occasional movie.

There is a thread somewhere that a member kindly updates with program guide. Or look on itv site or freesat :smashin:

Tony

Today is the 25th May yet ITV only have listings up to 22nd May!!! What are they playing at? Does anyone know if ITV HD schedule is shown on www.tvguide.co.uk?

Friday 15th May
9pm Boy Meets Girl
10.35pm Red Heat (film)

Sunday 17th May
9pm Martin Clunes: Islands of Britain

Wednesday 20th May
11.05pm The Shadow (film)

Friday 22nd May
9pm Boy Meets Girl

aye, CL final will be on wednesday...watched last years in HD on itv and was very very good...(especially the result..:) )

And just think Freesat try and base the whole selling point around ITVHD ...its pathetic

You have to remember that ITV HD is *NOT* a channel. It is a red button interactive service offered via the Freesat platform.

In other words it is just like BBC i - BBC i run seven full screen streams many of which carry nothing (sometimes for days on end) ...

I repeat - ITV HD is not (and never has been) a 'channel' it is an interactive service available via the red button (as and when required) via the Freesat platform.

Is the HD content on ITV HD true HD or is it SD but scaled up to HD? (like many programmes on C4 HD)

Is the HD content on ITV HD true HD or is it SD but scaled up to HD? (like many programmes on C4 HD)

They only show a programme when it's HD. 99% of the time it's just the 'currently unavailable' caption.

Everton lifting the FA CUP next Saturday will be in glorious ITV HD.

If you get a TV listings mag eg Radio Times they show ITV HD programmes.

When it started a year ago there were 1 - 2 programmes a week and on occasion gaps of a couple of weeks with nothing on.

There are now 4 - 5 programmes a week typically so it has slowly improved.

Other series shown in HD include Wild at Heart, Law and Order: UK (both will be back in HD) and The Bill is about to go HD when it moves to 9 pm.

If I recall correctly (not 100% sure) Kingdom (starting soon) is in HD and Lewis, Poirot and Marple when they air are in HD too.

A number of documentary series have aired in HD (eg the recent Martin Clunes one about islands).

But no studio based series have been in HD, unlike the BBC....no X factor, Britain's Got Talent or Dancing on Ice which would have been big ways to promote Freesat and HD but ITV missed the lot presumably due to cost to upgrade facilities as they are in dire financial trouble.

But no studio based series have been in HD, unlike the BBC....no X factor, Britain's Got Talent or Dancing on Ice which would have been big ways to promote Freesat and HD but ITV missed the lot presumably due to cost to upgrade facilities as they are in dire financial trouble.

X Factor is made in the same studios as Sky1's Noel's HQ. Sky managed HD and DD5.1.

3rd June, 11.05pm 'Terminator 2, Judgement day', unfortunately I don't think my Amstrad will have the new EPG by then :(

3rd June, 11.05pm 'Terminator 2, Judgement day', unfortunately I don't think my Amstrad will have the new EPG by then :(

Don't worry, it will shown in the incorrect aspect ratio, only stereo sound and with ad breaks!!

thanks all for the replies, i'll check the relevant guides and try when something is actually on. Probably watch the champions league final on skyhd anyway...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom