Is anyone using the ATI DVI to Component widget?

D

DaveP

I'm probably being paranoid but I'm beginning to think, for me at least, the Nirvana of 1:1 pixel mapping is out of my reach. As a last ditch attempt to solve the problem I am buying an ATI Atlantis graphics card.

If this doesn't work I will have the choice of running at a compromise res or buying the ATI DVI to Component adapter.

has anyone any experience of using this to attach to a pj or plasma? I know it wont be as good as the 1:1 pixel mapping but is it any good?

Thanks

Dave

No experience at all but I have read that it only supports a limited number of fixed resolutions, if true you may not get the result you're looking for.

I assume you're tried the usual methods of getting 1:1, if so this converter dongle is unlikely to help as far as I can see. I'm not aware of your problems or what you've tried, are you also aware there are nVidia cards with component outputs, there's certainly one 6600 of some sort and in the past was a 5700 'Home Theater' version I think (or it may have been a 5900 series).

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

I've tried an ATI 9000 card running Powerstrip to create a driver for my Sony HS20. That didn't work. I tried an nVIDIA FX5200 and that didn't work either. My last try will be to try the ATI 9600SE.

If that doesn't work I'll probably try this dongle, as it will allow me to switch through my Denon 3805 and if all else fails, I can probably make a profit on it by selling it on fleabay!

Dave

Is the HS20 difficult to get 1:1 with? Is that one of those with an unusual resolution, 1300-oddx768? Luckily Powerstrip has always come through for me.

I have the adaptor. It's now a bit more configurable. As in you can choose a fixed res, say 1920x1080 then adjust it for overscan, currently I run 1776x1000 over 1080i into my JVC CRT and it's great :)

KraGorn said:
Is the HS20 difficult to get 1:1 with? Is that one of those with an unusual resolution, 1300-oddx768? Luckily Powerstrip has always come through for me.

Difficult. umm there must be another word for it! Next to impossible. That's closer in my experience!

Hopefully it will all fall into place when my ATI Atlantis arrives. I've ordered the dongle anyway - just in case!

pinkprobegt said:
I have the adaptor. It's now a bit more configurable. As in you can choose a fixed res, say 1920x1080 then adjust it for overscan, currently I run 1776x1000 over 1080i into my JVC CRT and it's great :)

My main problem is getting the image in w/s through the projector. I see there is a 16:9 sw on the dongle so hopefully that will do the trick.

The best I have achieved, after over 25 hours!, is to get a 1024x768 window that scrolls left and right over the 1366x768 desktop. That was days ago though and I can't get it back now. All I can get is something similar but with deep blue vertical bars down the left and right hand sides. Is this overscan?

Last night I managed to get the info on the HS20 to say it was in 1366x768 mode but the desktop took up a 1024x768 area on the left of the screen!

The Atlantis should be here tomorrow so Ill give up with the nVIDIA until then.

Thanks guys

Dave
Dave

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom