Is anyone out there really good at setting there Sim2 up?

cameronl

Novice Member
hi there all, I have a Sim2 DMF. I know its not the same as what most of you have but I'm hoping that the way that we all set up our projectors is similar enough for you to help me. ;)

The problem is, is that I'm trying to set my projector up so I don't have to adjust it everytime I use it. Is this possible?

If I leave it on anamorphic mode then what ratio should I set up my projector to?

1:25:1
2:35:1
16:9

Because if I set my projector for 16:9 - when I watch a 2:35:1 movie (which seems to be most of them these days) then the ratio is not 100 percent correct.

It usually seems the quickest way to fix this is to use the zoom function and perhaps the position function (as oposed to using settings 6,7 and 8 to adjust it manually). When I watch the occaional region 1 film and auto it - it also shifts the horizontal position slightly as well.

By playing with my frequency setting it seems to compress or expand the horizontal picture. Do you guys have this setting at a low or high value?

thanks for your help.

CaM

Chris Frost

There won't be one ratio you can set the projector to that will cover every aspect ratio you might encounter with film and TV images.

If your aim is to always fill the screen area with picture then I think you might have a basic misunderstanding of what this Aspect Ratio stuff is really all about.

Regards

cameronl

Novice Member
hi there, I want to fill the image horizontally, or if not horizontaly then with min fuse to make it that way. I dont watch TV so I'm only converned with film.

Have I got something wrong?

CaM

cameronl

Novice Member
I'm using a 16:9 screen. I can always fill the screen horizontaly - I just want to do it with less effort.

I also am a little unsure how frequency changes the picture.

CaM

Chris Frost

Frequency* (and phase) are normally used only with PC inputs or occassionally progressive scan DVD players. It is rare that you need to adjust these settings with a standard PAL or NTSC video source.

Are you using a progressive scan DVD player or PC or an ordinary DVD player?

*Frequency alters the way the pixels from a source are positioned over the pixels of a display. When it is wrong you'll see broad dark vertical bands on a plain background image. When it is correct the image should show no vertical bands.

cameronl

Novice Member
hi there, thats a good question. I'll put in an svideo lead and see how it works in interaced with progressive only through the Sim2.

thanks

CaM

RTFM

Novice Member
CaM,

Progressive component is only available through progressive component input 6

S-video is interlaced only on input 2

cameronl

Novice Member
hi there, I'm not 100 percent sure what I'm asking so lets just leave it for the moment unto I figure out an exact question to ask ;)

thanks for your time.

CaM

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Panasonic HX800 TV + Sony HT-G700 Soundbar reviews, movie and TV show news and reviews
Top Bottom