Is anyone else angry about...............

mark1000

Distinguished Member
Vandalism, I know i am, I went out to do some shots in and around my home town ( Southampton ) and was shocked to find one of our recent maritime museum pieces tagged by the local scum bucket that has nothing better to contribute to society, now i know that there is some really cool artwork done by our young modern day artists, and in the right place it actually looks very good, but on the side of this modern day historic icon i don't think so.

She used to be sat at a fixed mooring just off Calshot spit in the Solent and i looked forward to seeing her every year as we crossed over to the IOW on our holidays many years ago.

She is now sat in concrete at the Ocean village development Southampton.

Mark.

AVTEZ59

Vandalism,Mark.
I loath any form of vandalism. I have encountered many forms and have often had my camera with me but rarely record it. Maybe an idea for a thread for all to post their images.....but this may prove to be a rather negative and depressing exercise. Maybe best to focus on the world beautiful ?

Terry

mark1000

Distinguished Member
I loath any form of vandalism. I have encountered many forms and have often had my camera with me but rarely record it. Maybe an idea for a thread for all to post their images.....but this may prove to be a rather negative and depressing exercise. Maybe best to focus on the world beautiful ?

Terry

Indeed, the world beautiful is maybe a better ( happier ) subject but i wanted to get it off my chest.:rolleyes:

Mark.

dave_bass5

Agree as well.
I used to be a skateboarder in the 70's. We used to skate the southbank in London every week. Never saw anyone vandalising the area and in fact we used to clean up after being there.
Now days its common practice for the "youth" to tag every available inch of wall with their "artwork". The place looks like a slum now.

Bah humbug etc but there doesn't seem to be the respect for property like there used to be.

IAN P

Novice Member
Yep,graffiti is the art form of idiots,the newly painted and refurbished High Level Bridge on the Tyne was splattered with the scumbags handywork not 1 day after opening.

Should throw the parasites off the bloody bridge.

Yep,graffiti is the art form of idiots,
Not so true. Graffiti done in the wrong place says the wrong message about it. Some so called idots make a mint from it, some don't even know how to spell.

By the way whats wrong with the image above ? I take it I am missing something ?

I don't mind the odd bit either:

IAN P

Novice Member
Well thats what happens when folks praise the work of vandals.

Banksy,for instance,idiots spending thousands on his "art".

The above pic has graffiti to the right of the word spit.

IAN P

Novice Member
I would disagree if I may. I do like graffiti, I think it brings colours to our grey world.

You can call me an idiot.
I should like to state that i meant the morons who do the graffiti,not people who like to view it.:thumbsup:

dave_bass5

I wonder if any of the "artists" would mind if i go and paint my bands logo of their front door, in the name of art do course ;-)

mark1000

Distinguished Member
Pixelpixel wrote.

"By the way whats wrong with the image above ? I take it I am missing something ?"

CROP.

Mark.

ryart

I'm with you Mark. It just seems to be a blatant display of no respect, and is rather like a dog urinating to make its mark.

I wonder if any of the "artists" would mind if i go and paint my bands logo of their front door, in the name of art do course ;-)
Exactly right.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom