Is anyone actually SHIPPING Pioneer 868s?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by KraGorn, Jan 29, 2004.

1. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    I've money burning a hole in my pocket for a Pioneer 868 but all the on-line suppliers I've contacted say they have no stock, don' t know when they'll get some and don't get the number they order in any case. :(

Does this beat actually EXIST in any meaningful way or am I better off looking for another solution to my needs?

2. Digger

Digger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    KraGorn

I spoke with Pioneer UK several weeks ago and they said that their next shipment would be at the end of the month, so you shouldn't have too long to wait - the downside is that you might still have to hunt around as there may not be enough stock to cater for all the current back-orders for the 868 - EmpireDirect hoped to have some left over so you could try them

I got fed up waiting so i bought a 757Ai from Digital Direct for £489 as i don't need HDMI yet

good luck

Dave

3. davech

davech
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've had one on order with my local dealer (Frank Harvey in Coventry) since December 3rd. A couple of weeks ago I lost patience, and tried asking Pioneer what the hold up was via their "customer relations knowledge center" site:

http://pioneer-customerrelations.custhelp.com

Here's the conversation in full(they tried to close the query down at one point, hence the "this isn't solved" bit). It's in reverse chronological order:

My story has a happy ending, however. Frank Harvey got some stock in yesterday! I doubt they will have spare stock, but it's probably worth asking them. Their email/phone number details are on their website:

http://www.frankharvey.co.uk/

4. KraGorn

KraGorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Thanks for that information chaps, that's the sort of story I've been getting, "stock due soon but no idea how many we'll get".

While I don't want HDMI yet either I don't really feel like spending £500+ on a machine I know will be inadequate some time this year for me.

What's Pioneer's problem with this, they seem to have announced it way too soon before building up stocks. :(

They're no longer listing the 868 as far as I can see.

5. GrahamC

GrahamC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +67