1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is anybody sure if this would work ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Marfun, Jan 27, 2005.

1. Marfun

Marfun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everyone i hope that someone out there can help me. If you have recorded some dvd disks on a stand alone DVD recorder and had not finalised them and then the DVD recorder broke, If you then bought the exact same make and model DVD recorder as before would you be able to then finalise the previous discs even though they had been recorded before on the machine that broke which was the same make and model as the new one Please help !

2. musukebba

musukebba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    What make, model, format and discs are you asking about? I don't see any reason why your plan shouldn't work, but if you give more specific information someone might have had the same experience as you.

3. Marfun

Marfun

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They are all DVD +R discs that need finalising they were recorded on a Phillips DVDR890 Recorder which has packed up
    I just need to get the discs that i recorded on finalised and wondered if i bought the same make and model again would i be able to finalise them on there or would any dvd recorder be able to finalise them for me ( please help )

4. musukebba

musukebba

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    How old is your machine, from date of purchase? And do you have the receipt or bank statement for the date you bought it?

If it's less than 2 years old you might be able to get it repaired for free by Philips.