1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is any GPS software compatible with the SPV C550?

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones Forum' started by figoagogo, Aug 26, 2005.

1. figoagogo

figoagogo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +584
    I am new to GPS but really want to get my hands on a GPS reciver and some good software to use on my Orange SPV C550.

However I am struggling to find compatible software, my first choice would be "Tom Tom", as this seems to be the big brand everyone goes for. It is compatible with the SPV C500 but NOT the higer resolution C550! I have read on some forums about work arounds but I aint hacking my phone to play with the registry! I have contact Tom Tom and they wont say if or when they will make it compatible.

My next option is "CO-Pilot", again the site states C500 compatible but not C550! But i have read somewhere that it does work - can any one confirm this, and if it does work is Co-Pilot any good?

Is there any thing else out there that is Smart Phone compatible and works on the SPV550?

2. Demon

Demon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +56
    I've tried Co-pilot, Mapopolis, and TOMTOM, and TOMTOM is by far the best, graphically, interface, etc.. nothing comes close..

I know you need to 'tweak' some values on the C550, but so what.. If it gets you going... the C550 screen is excellent... I've got a C500 and my brother has the C550, and I just love the screen, more res, brighter, etc..

Each to their own..

3. figoagogo

figoagogo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +584
    And how easy are these tweaks to implement? Any good guides on the WWW?