Question Is Android on SONY BRAVIA KDL50W805C an issue

malraff

Standard Member
Reaction score
hi all

finally got the house built, now for the important stuff, what tvs to buy :)

first one i need is for the lounge, so i want something half decent but ill keep 4k for the Main TV room later down the line..

it will be used for general tv watching, gaming, sports etc with Movies until i get the cinema room sorted. I liked the look of the SONY BRAVIA KDL50W805C, especially now that its very keenly priced!

but i am a little worried about how good android is on the tv, any one have any experience of it? is it buggy or has it been well patched up now? also any idea how reflective the screen is? as i have some large windows which may be an issue!

or would you suggest something different?

any advice appreciated - its 8 years since i bought a tv :mad:

mal

Hi Mal,

I have this TV. Firstly the Android TV software is vastly improved from launch and I now rarely have any issues. I use it for KODI etc and don't have any issues with it. Just make sure you get it connected to the internet and updated as it's the updates that solved a lot of the problems.

With regards to the reflectiveness of the screen I have a large bay window in my living room and on bright days watching dark content can be difficult however for most general viewing it isn't too much of a problem. It definitely does pick up reflections though. I'd recommend this TV for gaming and movies.

Hope this helps.

Many thanks,
Tom

cheers Tom! good to hear you like it.. Android was my main concern! reflections i can control with Curtains i guess lol

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom