1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is Acuity worth it on a Panasonic?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by hamilton_1974, Jun 22, 2004.

Tags:
  1. hamilton_1974

hamilton_1974

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm in the planning stage of getting a new TV and have pretty much narrowed it down to a couple of Panasonic models,

TX-32PX20
    TX-32PX30
    TX-32PD30
    TX-36PL35

1. Is the PX20 really a PD30 but without Acuity?

2. Is the TX-36PL35 the same as a TX-36PD30 but without Acuity?

3. Is the PX30 an update of the PD30?

And does Acuity really give that much of an improvement to justify an extra £220 (around 3000SEK)? :rolleyes:

I've got a Yamaha DVD-S540 with component out and that I planned to use with this set.
    Reading through both the PD30 problems thread and the one with ppl who were happy with it I get the impression that you can get really good PQ using the component in in either interlaced or progressive mode and not using acuity. And that's what got me around to my question about acuity above! :confused:

2. Crock

Crock

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think PD30 is one of the only reasonably good looking TV sets. Although I am not sure if the esthetics are worth 3000 SEK...

I have been thinking of ordering one from Germany, as there is a significant price difference comparing to the Finnish stores.

3. Tight Git

Tight Git

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +597
    Acuity, like all the variously named digital picture processing systems from other manufacturers, has its disadvantages.

Whether these are important to you, only you can decide!

The big plus for me, is that I can sit closer to the picture without seeing the line structure (833 instead of 625).

The downside is that some programmes, such as fast moving sport, are unwatchable.

However, it's the best we have until High Definition comes along.