1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is a '+' worth two grand?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by TimG-Kent, Feb 27, 2004.

1. TimG-Kent

TimG-Kent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been looking at the Sim2 range, all of which are really nice. However, I'm trying to see what you get for your money between the Domino 30 and the 300 Xtra. The price difference is £2000, and I really can't see where it's all going.

The only discernable difference in spec that I can see is that the Domino uses the HD2 and the 300 Xtra uses the HD2+, but even this difference doesn't give you a higher resolution.

Can someone please tell me where this £2000 has gone?

Considering you can get yourself a reasonable quality LCD projector for the price difference, I would expect to see a great deal of difference in the two specifications.

It seems an awful lot more to pay for a 'smoother' looking image.

2. RTFM

RTFM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    Tim,

The HD2+ chip gives better contrast ie. 2800:1 compared to the HD2 at 2000:1
    The 300 Xtra has a DVI input, a back lit remote control, better lamp life at 8000 hours, 12v trigger for screen aspect ratio adjustment.
    Whether these higher specs are worth the difference in price,
    only you can decide.