Is a VGA cable just a VGA cable??

Mickey123

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry, I'm sure this has been answered in one of my threads previously but I can't for the life or me remember the answer or find the thread:(

I'm about to buy a VGA/SVAG monitor extension cable to plug my 360 into my plasma. I have my seperates in a diff room so need to extend the MS cable but still want the best picture I can
With scarts etc you can buy gold plated etc etc diff quality that all make a vast diff to the end result.

Is VGA the same or is a VGA cable just a VGA cable being digital and all?:confused:

Also will a SVGA cable do the same as a VGA from my 360 to my Panny 6 series?

Many thanks

Mickey

If I remember rightly svga will give you a better quality for monitors over 17"

OK cool - so now all I need to know is........

are there differences cable to cable in quality as in SCARTS or is a VGA a VGA making no diff to end picture?

Oh mate,my head hurts. Im not so technical re cables and havent a clue what that thread is on about:eek: all thoes different cables???

Thanks for taking the time to supply the link though, appreciated

So do VGA cables differ in end picture quality from cable to cable?
Please somebody - and then I can get this thing ordered.

Mickey123 said:
Hi,

Sorry, I'm sure this has been answered in one of my threads previously but I can't for the life or me remember the answer or find the thread:(

I'm about to buy a VGA/SVAG monitor extension cable to plug my 360 into my plasma. I have my seperates in a diff room so need to extend the MS cable but still want the best picture I can
With scarts etc you can buy gold plated etc etc diff quality that all make a vast diff to the end result.

Is VGA the same or is a VGA cable just a VGA cable being digital and all?:confused:

Also will a SVGA cable do the same as a VGA from my 360 to my Panny 6 series?

Many thanks

Mickey

Last time I checked a VGA cable is well a VGA cable...and its analogue.

I have a standard VGA and a monster VGA and I can tell a big difference in picture quality between the two. The monster is a lot better colour reproduction and just generally seems clearer somehow. From my limited experience of VGA cables I would recommend the monster or if not then as with most cables, spend as much as you can afford on the best possible quality cable you can get as there is a difference .

Thanks for the links guys!!

I think this one looks fitting for what I need and an OK price too

T800 - Its what you suggested but longer.

http://www.cableuniverse.co.uk/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=103&products_id=222

I looked at monter and they do a cable for around 50 quid !!

http://www.monstercable.com/UK/productPage.asp?pin=3672

This could of beejn of interest to me if they made it without the stereo connector (whay pay for what I won't use) and if they made a way of extending it by about 7 meters.
BY the way, look at the descrition for some of the worsted grammer ever to grace a web site. Space bar anyone haha

Again, thanks for your patients and links

EDIT - Have bought first link ^^^^ cable.

I use the component cables by Monster which cost £50 I am happy with them, but no so happy that I dont think I can see much difference, if any.

but no so happy that I dont think I can see much difference, if any.

Sorry mate - are you saying you CAN'T see a diff or CAN?

Between what? Monster cables and another brand or Monster cables and standard 'comes with the product' cables?

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom