Is a skylink required to view on an additional TV??

Youngen

Standard Member
Hi

I have just plumbed in a second TV to the RF2 output on my Skyplus receiver..

I have also ordered, but am waiting for a Sky link and remote control to arrive.

I hoped to be able to still view the sky channel on the second TV without the Skylink, but I have tried tuning to see if I can pick up the channel but to no avail???

Is it because I need the Skylink to read these channels or should it work??

I have tried turning on the 9V supply but this did nothing??

I would appreciate your help

Cheers Mark :lease:

tonkie

Hi

I have just plumbed in a second TV to the RF2 output on my Skyplus receiver..

I have also ordered, but am waiting for a Sky link and remote control to arrive.

I hoped to be able to still view the sky channel on the second TV without the Skylink, but I have tried tuning to see if I can pick up the channel but to no avail???

Is it because I need the Skylink to read these channels or should it work??

I have tried turning on the 9V supply but this did nothing??

I would appreciate your help

Cheers Mark :lease:

You should be able to view the same channels from the rf2 without a link/amp

gbmitie

if you know what the RF channel is used in the sky box, then you just tune the 2nd tv to that ch. sky has a default of 68, the range is 21 to 69. What kind of tv is the 2nd one? Leave 9v switched off.

gb--

Inactive

Novice Member
I have answered your duplicate of the above post.

It doesn't help to run the same post in two threads, it usually just confuses things.

:confused:

Youngen

Standard Member
Many thanks guys, now working :)

Picture quality is now 95% is there anything that will remove the faint lines left on the picture??

Sorry for the duplicate post, I did not spot the sub forum for Sky plus at first
I will go delete it

Cheers

Mark

Inactive

Novice Member
Many thanks guys, now working :)

Picture quality is now 95% is there anything that will remove the faint lines left on the picture??

Mark

You could try moving the Sky Receiver setting up or down, and then re-tune your TV, it may be conflicting with a broadcast channel.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom