Is a sky dish any good to me?

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by Trickster, May 14, 2004.

1. Trickster

Trickster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I am clueless about Sky hardware, so please bear with me.

My mother has moved in to a new house and it still has a Sky dish. I doesn't seem very big and I am wondering if it could be of any use to me, if I get a second hand sky box. Ideally I would like to be able to get Eurosport for as cheap as possible. Don't care about anything much else. Although any other channels may be useful.

Any ideas or is it a waste of time/effort?

2. Fred Smith

Fred Smith

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +170
    Eurosport International is free on Astra 1 analogue. Although sometimes in German it is mostly in English. Programming can be differant to British Eurosport though, i.e. more snooker.

To receive it you would need a analogue receiver, around £5.00 from a car boot sale. The Sky dish may work but is on the small side, if you get a receiver from car boot it may come with a bigger 60cm or larger dish anyway.

If you want British Eurosport, it is a subscrition channel on Sky. You could either get a second hand digibox or if you have not subscribed to Sky before check out the low cost install deals sometimes from £1. You may have to sign up for a top package for the first month but can downgrade to a cheaper package from month two.