Is a Pan ST30 50" for £599 a steal ( with 5 year warranty ). ?

dspit1664

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Is a Pan ST30 50" for £599 a steal ( with 5 year warranty ). ?

Yes, who has it at that price? JL have for £700 with glasses which you'll need for 3D if interested. It was probably £1100-1200 when released 9 months ago. I wouldn't buy a TV without a demo though if at all possible

Last edited:
Think, (hope) I just got lucky. In Waitrose/JL to get some food saw a tv marked up as customer returned ( found out only 3 days ago ), marked down from £699 to £599. Little trial run looks ok.

So all in all I think a good find what with 5 yr warranty :)

Ah so not new, makes sense then. Enjoy :)

Well all but ue a customer return. So basically new (?) :) but tech no not new else would def post here for everyone's benefit !!!

Cheers

Depends why it was returned of course, but the 5 year warranty gives great peace of mind :) Not sure what the glasses cost though - £80 a pair or so?

Just out of interest where did you see JL £700 offer ?

Hmmm. Perhaps my 599 was not such a steal. Do you think If I contacted them via that link saying about the deal and how I bought my ST30 they may offer a discount since online it's an offer with 2. X Med 3D glasses? (I ask as in shop they said no discount on glasses or other on the deal)

Only ask as not had much exp on bartering/dealing with sales.

Cheers I'll give it a go.

Yes will do as far as I was told in the shop it was because it was too big for the customers lounge they apparently miss-calculated size. But I'll check this more too as you said I don't want to inherit any problems ie issues like green pixelation or other ...

Thanks

Yes will do as far as I was told in the shop it was because it was too big for the customers lounge they apparently miss-calculated size. But I'll check this more too as you said I don't want to inherit any problems ie issues like green pixelation or other ...

Thanks

Indeed, my first V20 went back due to bad buzzing, they kept it in the shop for display and likely sold it on:rolleyes:. Going by what has happened with my GT30 any Panasonic set may have the green issue, the fact it can go unnoticed then appear several months later is a concern.:thumbsdow

So did you get a replacement or got it resolved some other way ?

I am sure have read somewhere about this and a firmware upgrade that resolved that. I'll try a dig it out. Had hoped that more recent units would have that firmware or newer by now. Will keep eye out.

Scooby didn't you buy from Currys or Comet lol?

Sounds like quite a tale ? ;)

But you have to pay extra for the extended warranty I believe :)

Well ya buy a tv today and more often than not its going to be found cheaper somewhere, blooming, else cheaper or with a few little extras too. For me hope I will enjoy it anyhow. I have a warranty from JL so they should be here tomorrow and being JL from what I read on AVF and other places should be good if things go bang. Looking fwd to playing with my new toy :)

yep indeed....thx for pointing that out

tho its only 10% i do believe for the 5 year warranty

It is...JL deliver for free though too :thumbsup:

vickster said:
It is...JL deliver for free though too :thumbsup:

Yes that's true. A little extra info too. I found out I could take my TV home today myself however, at least for my local Waitrose/JL , if I'd done that and later had a problem I'd have to take it to where I bought it and then they would diagnose / fix. So I plumped for free JL shop delivery that way if faulty they would come to my house.

So basically if taking warranty get them to deliver too as saves a return trip to shop you bought it from if faulty. Hth

And a 50" plasma is a beast to transport

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom