1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is a lens filter required?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by Oracle_OSS, Jun 7, 2003.

1. Oracle_OSS

Oracle_OSS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've just bought a Sony TRV250e. This is my first camcorder. Could anyone advise, do I need a lens filter? I read that this is required, but I enquired at my local Sony Centre and they said this was not necessary, if it was it would have been included in the bundle. Also, is it really worthwhile dishing out another £80 or so on a spare battery? Any advise on this would be most appreciated.

Cheers

Oracle_OSS.

2. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    A spare battery will give you a lot longer running time. The battery supplied normally only lasts for around an hour. If more is required then you will need to get another battery.
    I always put a filter on all my cameras. If the £10 filter gets damaged then throw it away and get another one. If the camcorder lens gets damaged then it is an expensive repair.

Mark.

3. Duster

Duster
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    As Mark says, get a UV filter as its not worth the risk of a scratch to the lens of your camcorder

4. Eee-Tee

Eee-Tee
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Oracle- Yep, check out the size of the lens on ya cam (says it on the front) and get a UV filter- one of the most useful things you can buy.....:D