Is a Denon AVC-X3700H wasted with my speaker's?

Chorltonpotter

Hi friends.

I have a very budget Sony st-dh790 but I've just been offered a very very keenly priced X3700H (almost 1/2 retail price) but I wonder if its just overkill for my setup.

My speakers are
Fronts Q.acoustics 3030i
Center Q.acoustics 3090ci
Sub Q.acoustics 3060s
Rears Q.acoustics 3020i (not purchased yet)
Atmos x2 (maybe 4.if I upgrade the amp) tbc

I have a ps5 which I was just going to earc from my Sony, obviously with the Denon it will do 120hz passthrough so no need for earc.
Anything else I should be thinking about?

My room setup with be pretty straightforward 5m x 4m rectangle. Sofa positioned centrally to the TV and amp.

Thanks.

decson74

Hi friends.

I have a very budget Sony st-dh790 but I've just been offered a very very keenly priced X3700H (almost 1/2 retail price) but I wonder if its just overkill for my setup.

My speakers are
Fronts Q.acoustics 3030i
Center Q.acoustics 3090ci
Sub Q.acoustics 3060s
Rears Q.acoustics 3020i (not purchased yet)
Atmos x2 (maybe 4.if I upgrade the amp) tbc

I have a ps5 which I was just going to earc from my Sony, obviously with the Denon it will do 120hz passthrough so no need for earc.
Anything else I should be thinking about?

My room setup with be pretty straightforward 5m x 4m rectangle. Sofa positioned centrally to the TV and amp.

Thanks.
Hey.

Well I am definitely no expert, but have the little baby 3010i's instead of the 3030i's.

Fronts 3010is
Center 3090ci
Sub 3060s x 2
Surround 3010is.

And have added in two sets of Minx 12's for front and rear heights.

Personally love it, so I'd say yes :). So ended up with a 5.2.4 set up; using the 9 channels.

Waiting for new HDMI 2.1 tv to get the passthrough for PS5, but even without it all sounds great.

The heights definitely make a difference too.. Perhaps I'll upgrade fronts to 3020i's in time but they are on the wall so wanted the smallest. But performance is great to me.

I'm sure others will chime in, but definitely impressed with the 3700, gives you more headroom to expand; though think I've maxed it for now lol.

Ta

Garry

gibbsy

No. QA have always gone well with Denon. I would change the sub though that's the weakest thing there. Will the X3700 benefit from better speakers then that answer has to be yes, but that will certainly only effect the front three which you think about upgrading in the future.

So here's a dilemma for you. Why not upgrade the front left and right instead of getting 3020s for the rear surrounds. Your current 3030s can then be used as surrounds.

dante01

Distinguished Member
The ideal would be to use 3030i all round. This ensures tonal consistency regardless of where the speaker is located or to what use it is being put to. If possible the use 3030is at the front and as surrounds.

In realirty and if wanting to spend less. then the 3010i speakers woould be sufficient as rears.

If you've the space then the 3050i floorstanding speakers would be an ioption, but you'd only really benefit from these while using them to listen to stereo sources. If looking for smaller QA speakers that are regarded as being better than the 3030i speakers then you'd have to look at the concept range and the concept 20 bookcase speakers. If you were to replace the fronts with a pair of these then you'd be best advised to also replace the centre speakers with the concept centre speaker.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sky Glass, Epson Laser Projectors plus Home Cinema Subwoofers and More…
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom