Is a 1.0 MP webcam 3x better that a 0.3 MP

Sinbad1900

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi - I'm comparing two similar laptops and both have built in webcams. One has 1.0 megapixals and the other has 0.3 MP.

Am I to assume that the 1.0 MP is better than the 0.3 or is there more to it than that?

Thanks

Hi - I'm comparing two similar laptops and both have built in webcams. One has 1.0 megapixals and the other has 0.3 MP.

Am I to assume that the 1.0 MP is better than the 0.3 or is there more to it than that?

Thanks

Impossible to say really, 0.3 is pretty low by today's standards but it may have other benefits, it work better in low light that the 1MP in the other laptop for example.
I wouldn't base my laptop buying decision purely on the camera unless it's really important to you.

0.3MP is 640x480, not particularly small. I think youtube's default player size is something like 640x360. I would assume 1MP is probably 1280x720.

With a laptop using their pinhole webcams lens quality is likely to be a far bigger factor in quality than resolution.

Thanks for the replies. The webcam will not be a deciding factor as to which laptop I get - I was just curious!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom