Is 576p the maximum video signal from component cables

F

fosp

hi, this is my first thread.

One question of many and maybe a quick one for you experts out there.

My gear :

Philips 9830 32in
Sony rdr-hxd910
yamaha dsp-ax757se
epos els3 speakers 5.1
ps2
xbox360 (yeahhhhh at last)

Is this the best video signal I will achieve from component connections.

The component cables I am using are £20 pure-av cables from dixons.

Rizza

Xbox 360 outputs Hi def (720p) via component, so will the first gen HD sky boxes.

Rizza

Bristol Pete

Novice Member
From recollection component can also carry 1080i as well as 1080p, but not entirely sure on 1080p.

Did send a 1080i signal from Pioneer 868 to my PJ some while back.

Pete.

F

fosp

going to try the xbox today, have it connect to composite via the side socket on tv and optical to my amp (nice 5.1 with condemned, very chilling).

Had a nasty scare when I bought my QED Qunex HDMI-P the other day and connected it (still not connected again) to scared.

The signal was all over the place: portions of black/lines about 16 colours(looked like an Andy Warhol picture) resolution. (basically unwatchable) Any thoughts.

Going to try it again today hope it works (may by some ebuyer cables to do some cancelling out)

Chris Muriel

Distinguished Member
Analogue component video is actually resolution agnostic.
It could theoretically carry any resolution if the rest of the signal chain had sufficient bandwidth.

Chris Muriel, Manchester

F

fosp

have re-connected my cable today and phew it works fine supplies 720p and 1080i with my sony 910 dvd. Can cancel my ebuyer cables now.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom