Is 50" too big?

ddaddy

Standard Member
I'm after a new tv and plan to mount it in a false wall around my chimney breast.
Currently we site 7' away from the chimney.
I'd love a 50", but fear it would be too big as we're too close.

What are your opinions?

Should I settle for a 42"?

Cheers

Educated Guess

Bigger the better in my opinion. One thing is for sure, whatever size you get will look normal after a few weeks viewing. If you get a 42 you'll wish you had a 50.

geese

Yeah get a 50 and dont look back......I sit a bit more than 2meters away from my 50 and trust me after a while you'll get used to it.

Don Dadda

Make a mock up 50" from newspaper or plain paper and stick it where the tv will go. Sit back and judge for yourself

3point14

Make a mock up 50" from newspaper or plain paper and stick it where the tv will go. Sit back and judge for yourself
That is what I did. I also the outline of a 42" and 40" to judge the aspect. The 50" size is the business.

By the way, no need to measure up. Just get 2 Sunday Times broadsheets and stick together with 2" tape, giving 1" space between the sheets. Within a cm or so, that is a 50" LG size.

mjbtin

I'm after a new tv and plan to mount it in a false wall around my chimney breast.
Currently we site 7' away from the chimney.
I'd love a 50", but fear it would be too big as we're too close.

What are your opinions?

Should I settle for a 42"?

Cheers
If you are watching HD tv bluray,dvd and gaming 50" would be great at 7ft.Poor quality SD may look a bit ropey but I would still have a 50" over a 42".

Regards Martin

dbaplaya

Standard Member
have a 42" panasonic, just about to replace with a 60" LG (not sure what model yet). I will also be around 7-8 foot away. Go for the larger 50" or maybe a 60", you wont regret it!

ddaddy

Standard Member
Thanks for the advice guys.
Would 60" not be way too big at 7'-8' away?
You'd be turning your head a lot to see from left edge to right!

Trending threads

Top Bottom