• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Is $495.00 CND for this computer a rip off?

ronaldmcdonald

Standard Member
I was going to buy a new computer tower off a friend of mine, and im just wondering if its worth the price that theyre trying to sell it for. here are the specs:

Silver ATX case. Brand new Coolmaster GX750W ps. New Asus M3n78-VM mobo with Nvidia GEForce 8200 chipset. New AMDPhenom 3850 2.5 Quad core processor. 4 gigs. ram. GeForce GTX 260 PCI-E vga. with HDMI interface. 2-120gig Maxtor SATA harddrives. Windows 7. Avaste Antivirus. All cd's and booklets. Microsoft Wireless 6000 keyboard and mouse. $1700 value.
Built a new system and I don't need two.

If someone could let me know if im about to get ripped off or not it be great because I dont want to spend more then what its not worth! I also have 500 dollars to spend on a PC if people would like to recommend a computer if this computer is not good. THANKS :)

LJx

Prominent Member
Don't go near it the CPU is an antique :D not sure anyone would build a "new" system with it

LJx

Prominent Member
It's outdated old tech, some of the bit's in it are ok but none of it is new stuff and it is certainly not deal of the decade. $1700 value that is just funny, I wouldn't trust anybody making these claims
You could put together a brand new system for the same sort of money and it least it would be made out of current bits

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom