is 28 days latter out for rental yet?

cameronl

Prominent Member
Reaction score
that is, in the uk?

thanks

CaM

its out next monday, I saw it at the cinema and thought it was...... i keep that to myself

Gary

fantastic (thought I'd finish your sentence). watched it last night and got completely caught up in it.

I'm a big fan of dawn of the dead and was hoping that it might be like that? I bought a copy of dawn of the dead directors cut the other day but returned it after i released it was very cut....the version i saw as a child in NZ had far more gore - gone were the head exploding scene at the start and the leg chomping parts.....

CaM

Sorry James45, i thought it was pants. very over rated, but hey each to his/her own. if you enjoyed it and it took your mind off Mr Bush wanting to blow up the world for a couple of hours then thats good.

Gary

:smashin:

Cameronl,

I also went to get a copy of Dawn of the Dead 'cos I remebered enjoying it years ago and wanted to see if I would still be into it.

Unfortunately the version on the shelves in the UK is 4:3 and mono sound ! After a quick check on dvcompare.net it looks like the French r2 has no cuts, DTS 5.1, anamorphic and load of extras. Trouble is I don't know how to get my mits on a French r2 disk

There's also a dutch r0 version which has a George Romero widescreen cut and a second disk with a Dario Argentto fullscreen version.

That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Someone already suggested using the Frech Amazon site to order it - but I just get some sort of technophobia when presented with a Frech web page. I presume I'm supposed to use a translation tool to decifer the text ? I'm too scared to type in my credit card details into something that I don't understand properly.

Is there anyone out there who regularly orders from there who would be willing to add my order onto theirs if I sent them the money first ? Cheeky I know, but there might be some helpful sole out there somewhere......

Have to agree with James45 on this.
What with recent current affairs I think this is more relevant than ever.
What with SARS, Dirty bombs, Weapons of mass destruction you can’t help thinking that although it is a fictional film it comes closer than any of the classic Zombie films come despite how great they are.
Looks like there are going to be some decent extras on it as well.
BTW I like your icon and catchphrase!

:D

theres a making of documentary on the dvd and it is scary how relevant it all is, the docu must have been made six months ago but it is just spot on with regard to SARS and the iraq war.
There's some decent extras on there and i think people are really being unfair on the PQ, it was filmed of cheapy DV so of course its not going to be great, i think the image type suits the film.
Will have to listen to the commentary tonight.

Originally posted by dfield2000
That's EXACTLY what I'm talking about.

Someone already suggested using the Frech Amazon site to order it - but I just get some sort of technophobia when presented with a Frech web page. I presume I'm supposed to use a translation tool to decifer the text ? I'm too scared to type in my credit card details into something that I don't understand properly.

Is there anyone out there who regularly orders from there who would be willing to add my order onto theirs if I sent them the money first ? Cheeky I know, but there might be some helpful sole out there somewhere......
#
well if zyou are a rehgistered user with amazon.co.uk or com you just use that password and then you don`t need to put any creditcard number in.
or try www.dvdzone2.com they have an english
hth

Cheers Lux, dvdzone is exactly what I'm looking for.

I don't suppose you know a site in English which lets you order German r2 stuff as well ??

Originally posted by cameronl
I'm a big fan of dawn of the dead and was hoping that it might be like that? I bought a copy of dawn of the dead directors cut the other day but returned it after i released it was very cut....the version i saw as a child in NZ had far more gore - gone were the head exploding scene at the start and the leg chomping parts.....

CaM

hmmm...is this the UK version released for sale at the end of March this year ?? If not you may have got an earlier "directors cut". I would recommend keeping an ear out for the US edition that is being released later this year by Anchor Bay (US). It is apparently a 3 disc set containing 2 differently edited versions of the film, and a bonus exrtras disc.

I'm waiting for a UK review of the single disc before I start splashing out.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom