Is 200hz useful for gaming and sport

Epic BIG C

Standard Member
Reaction score
Will I be able to tell the difference is it worth £150 extra? Should I just get a plasma!

Probably for sport. For gaming debatable as game mode typically disables such motion processing, which is all this is

Should be fine :)
What's the TV model?

Well i watch football occasionally (1-2 per week) but if it's no use for gaming I'll not bother
Tv 1, 100hz:
LG 47LN575V 47-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD Smart LED TV with Built-In Wi-Fi/Freeview HD: Amazon.co.uk: TV
Tv 2, 200hz:
Samsung UE46F6320 46-inch WideScreen Full HD 1080p Smart 3D LED TV with Built-In Wi-Fi and Freeview: Amazon.co.uk: TV
TV 3, 600hz plasma
LG 50PN650T 50-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD Plasma TV with Freeview HD/600Hz: Amazon.co.uk: TV

I am worried about plasma though. Should I chose that? Will it last as long?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Plasma should last about 20 years if you use it 8 hours a day...just look after it but avoiding very high settings for the first couple of hundred hours of usage. And get with a 5 year warranty in case (that goes for LCD too), although you won't get from Amazon as standard

I think I want the plasma but I've heard too many negatives can someone link me a article. I want to be persausded

Look for an owner thread in the plasma forum or start a thread asking for feedback on that model. More likely to get a response

Plasma TVs | AVForums

Go with;
Samsung UE46F6320 46-inch WideScreen Full HD 1080p Smart 3D LED TV with Built-In Wi-Fi and Freeview: Amazon.co.uk: TV

LG Plasma are good but black levels are not all that compared to Panasonic. However LG have some sort of Auto Brightness Limiter (ABL) don't know if that's the official name for it. ABL is it will will reduce the overall brightness of the screen depending on how much white there is so therefore you will notice the brightness fluctuate. I can notice this with my LG 50PN650T (living room). This ABL feature can not be turned off. LG have this on there 2013 Plasma models however never had issues like this with 2012 LG Plasma models (42PA4500/50PA4500).

I also have a Samsung UE42F5000AKXXU (bedroom/my entertainment world) for gaming purpose. Having used both the SAMSUNG LED and LG Plasma, I prefer the SAMSUNG due to;
  • Picture Quality
  • Sound Quality
  • Remote Control (read on)
  • No humming noise like Plasma
  • Brightness/Contrast Level
I find the picture quality on the SAMSUNG TV much better than LG Plasma TV. With LG they seem to have some sort of issues regarding remote control it's a hit and miss. Remote sometimes feels sluggish and causes problem with SkyHD remote not functioning properly (maybe some sort of interference).

Regarding motion blur, Plasma don't suffer from motion blur however all LCD/LED TVs do but some are worse than others. Before the SAMSUNG TV I had a Sony KDL-40R473A, that TV was just awful regards to motion blur whether it's gaming or blu-ray movies.

With Plasma's some drawbacks;
  • Very reflective screen
  • Humming noise (from fan/s)
  • More power consumption than LED TVs
  • Image sticking (few seconds to minutes)
IF you decide to go for Plasma go for Panasonic.

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
iMIAHi - cheers for the mention about the R473 - I was looking at it was I could have picked ut up for just under £300, as I was looking at a new TV for the forthcoming PS4

iMIAHi - cheers for the mention about the R473 - I was looking at it was I could have picked ut up for just under £300, as I was looking at a new TV for the forthcoming PS4

It's not a bad TV the Sony one but if your into gaming, sports, blu-ray you will notice blur. However picture quality and sound quality is just awesome. The Sony TV was going for £329 the other day on Amazon UK.

I just purchased the Sony KDL-40R473A for my brother. For the price can't complain about quality. He's got a PS4 as a early birthday present from dad and from me the Sony TV which should be a matching pair LOL.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom