Is 2005 a bad year for anyone else?

The Dude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
On top of all the 'big' trouble affecting everybody everywhere, on a personal level 2005 has been by far and without doubt the worst year in living memory for me at least...

I broke my leg, wrecked my shoulder, and permanently trashed my short-term memory in a huge car accident.

My sister smashed both her arms in a bike accident a few months later and is in plaster until March.

I had to walk out on a £60,000 job due to my brain not working properly anymore, and fell out (permanently) with 3 lifelong friends, again due to my brain being screwed up.

My best mate's dad had a stroke recently and is almost a vegetable now.

Today I find out another really close mate has just found out he has Testicular cancer and is going in tomorrow to have the dreaded op.... :(

Roll on January... I can't take much more of this......... :lease:

If somebody really is gonna invent time-travel, can they please hurry up..!

2004 was one of the best years of my life, so by that standard 2005 hasn't been so great.

sorry mate i had a terrible 2004 but this year has been really great. i turned 21, graduated from university and the best thing of my life happened liverpool became european champions beating AC milan is a more than memorable final :D

sorry to hear about you but 2006 surely cant be any worse, let the good times roll

Sorry to hear your bad news Dude - has to be said its not been a good year for you has it :(

Whilst this hasn't been a brilliant year for me it's got to be said :rolleyes: I've had one that has been far far worse... Fingers crossed next year is going to be one of the very best for a while!!! :smashin:

2004 and 2005 have been really not great.

sorry to hear it Dude, hope things get better for you :thumbsup:

2005 has been pretty good for me, chelsea won the league and i went to every game bar 5 :D and hopefully to top it all off ill pass my driving test before the new year :D

Well I missed getting blown up at King's Cross by about 3 mins. I think thats a good year.

Dude - was going to mention how crappy this years been for me but hearing yours, kind of makes mine seem trivial in comparison - hope 2006 works out for you :thumbsup:

There's all sorts to it although I'm really sorry to hear about some of what you've been going through mate. You can be sure that you've certainly helped me and many others out of a few scrapes over the last few months/years. :thumbsup:

It doesn't even seem fair to compare my own experiences over the last few months/years which have left me fairly miserable. Things are definitely looking up now though. Only forward. :)

2005 has been average for me. Sorry to hear about all your greif this year Dude. May next year be a better one for you. :)

Cheers everybody... :thumbsup:

I'm not really feeling that sorry for myself, my own life has turned upside down but I've never been one to look back in anger so I've actually made the best of what's been happening to me personally.

It was finding out about my mate's current predicament that really prompted this thread... just what do you say to a guy in that position? :(

I thought coping with learning to walk all over again was hard going, but Jim's in the same situation as myself... (single, no kids) and tomorow he's gonna have one/both of his 'nads surgically removed...... :eek:

talk about lost for words!! Everything I've tried just sounded really s**t.

I tell you one thing,. I've been giving mine a good roll around already tonight... (just for a change) ;)

Roll on 2006!! Time for a new PJ and some long overdue pro-creation.. :clap:

The Dude

i dont know the situation between you and your freinds, but on a personal experience, i fell out with a good buddy of mine and we didnt speak for 6 years, but about a year and a half ago , i called him out the blue and we sorted things out, and were good freinds again. i never thought it would be possible that we would talk again, but here we are now freinds again, and he was real glad i called.

if you feel bad or regret fallign out, its never too late

best of luck for 2006

Man, you've had a gut full! You have my sympathies, Dude.

As to your mate, all I can say is that however much I want kids, if I got cancerous nads, I'd be having those babies (no pun intended) whipped out in a trice! There's always fostering or adoption, after all ...

2005 has been a good year for me. I upgraded the HC so no more toys for me for 3 years , been away 3 times (including first time to the states) My daughter moved out and is really happy (can you ask for anymore for your kids?) Mrs D got a really good job. Made some good friends, got my first forum ban after nearly 4 years - only 2 days though which was lucky concidering some of the rows i've had with the mods (morning all :smashin: ) - i felt like Henry Hill in Goodfellas :D Still another passes with no sign of Blade Runner (but i do have it in HD - thanks to a member here one day i might have something to play it on ;) )

I had a suspect collaspsed lung in Febuary - as i'm sure The Dude knows such things make you re examine your life in a different light. The most important thing in my life is Mrs D - as long as i have her i have the world - hey any year is good when shes still here and not realised what a T**T i can be.

Dude i'm sorry to hear about your year - i had a similair one in 2000 - 2001 - 2002. The law of averages tells yuo it will be better - thats unless you living in Cornation St, Emmerdale or Albert Sq :D

As for you mate, tell him that he could be my mum. she has a tumour the size of a golf ball in her brain and they cant remove it - if it moves either way she could be blind, deaf, paralysed or just a plain cabbage. shes had it 20 years and never told anyone - and she is always smiling. i know shes my mum but is is increably brave - she could pop it anytime and she knows it, so she lives every minute like its her the last - because it could be.

As she says - "theres always some worse off than me" :eek:

Gary

my god, that's a whole lot of bad events to happen for somebody, you have my sympathy as well dude!

The Dude said:
I broke my leg, wrecked my shoulder, and permanently trashed my short-term memory in a huge car accident.

is it the same as the guy in memento, where he can't create new memories?
if so, it must be confusing and frustrating. wish you the best!!

last half of 2004 and first half of 2005 were some pretty low points in my life.
The last few months have been a lot better tho so hopefully were on our way up at last.

Dude Cant begin to imagine what your mates going thru :eek:

Heres
food-smiley-004.gif
to a better 2006 to him and every one on here!

stealther said:
Heres
food-smiley-004.gif
to a better 2006 to him and every one on here!

I'd go with that. :smashin:

My Girlfriend was diagnosed with breast cancer in January at 34 (she's all clear now though)

In July I was made redundant after 30 years

Other than that it's not been bad!

the_sanguine said:
My Girlfriend was diagnosed with breast cancer in January at 34 (she's all clear now though)

In July I was made redundant after 30 years

Other than that it's not been bad!

If you have a 34 year old girl friend and have been working for 30 years I guess you aint doing to bad hey. ;)

2005 one of the worst ever for me if not the worst.

Business problems.

Found out I have extreamly high blood pressure - so life style changes and possibly tablets for the rest of my life.

And to top it off my Gran died 3 weeks ago.

So basically I know how you feel.

You have my sympathies JonMace, nothing worse than losing your Gran. :(

kenji-san said:
is it the same as the guy in memento, where he can't create new memories?
Yep, Anterograde Amnesia.. the same thing but to a much lesser degree thankfully..
No tattoos just yet, but lots of post-it notes stuck all over the place...!
It has it's good sides though... I meet lots more 'new' women these days! ;)
I've been on some fantastic 'mystery tours' in the car too.....:D

Sometimes I'm quite normal, but when I'm tired or stressed my memory lasts for a whole 5 mins....:rolleyes:
-and as for the dreaded phrase 'multi-tasking'.... hehehehehehehhhehheh :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Fortunately for me, most of my mates are major pot-heads anyway, so I fit right in! :thumbsup:

The Dude said:
My best mate's dad had a stroke recently and is almost a vegetable now.

That happened to my dad a number of years back, not a nice situation at all. I actually felt relieved when he died later that year. Not a great year it has to be said.

2005 is going well for me though.

I know it not in the same league as loosing a present or child but the death of my pet dog in September was the worst thing that’s happened to me for years, it was like loosing a limb, as he was so close to me and never left my side.

Got made redundant from my dream job so 2005 could have been better, but on the whole not too bad and certainly nowhere near as bad as The Dudes - chin up matey!! :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom