Is 2 Touch Screens of 1 PC Possible?

Tomodan

Standard Member
Reaction score
So here goes, I am hoping the combined expertise on these forums can help me out in setting up my home entertainment empire!

I am planning on running my HTPC from the loft feeding several streaming devices (Airport express and PS3) in several rooms in the house. My problem is control! I have various apps for the iphone which allow remote control of the computer but this is no good if I am not in as the wife does not have one (and is a techno biff!)

I have just won an M3 touch screen monitor (with a 9 pin serial connector for the touch screen and standard blue monitor cable) on ebay and intend to put this in the wall in the lounge to control from downstairs but ideally would like another upstairs so my question is:

Can I run 2 touch screen monitors off one computer? Is it as simple as getting a splitter cable for the monitor and touchscreen cables or is it more complex than this?

Anyone who has done this your help would be appreciated!

Cheers

Tom

shouldn't of thought this would be any problem apart from cable length, would also advise stick to usb touch screens not serial. at least for the next one.
i do seem to recall a site which used serial cables over vast distances for epos terminals but can't remember much details
suck it and see ;)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom