Is £700 Home Cinema a bridge too far

S

sberemski

I need a suitable amp and 5.1 speakers costing no more than ~£700 in total to go in a 5m by 10m room.

Is it possible?

Of course its possible - just make sure you buy something with decent clout. And bear in mind the cost of speaker cabling will be a heck of a lot if you want to keep quality up.

You could try something like an ACOUSTIC ENERGY AEGIS EVO 3B which would cost 700 quid for speakers. Then pair with a 300 quid reciever if you could stretch.

There was/is also a set of B&W 603/601 LCR60 for sale for 450 the lot. For the money thats a bargain - Series 3 as well IIRC. then spend 300 on something like a pioneer/denon/marantz receiver and away you go.

Or why not by an amp and front speakers then gradualyl upgrade to what you want exactly otherwise you'll end up wanting to as soon as you get cheaper ones.

Definitely look at 2nd hand to to let you get better speakers for the money.

Have a look at Richer Sounds website

I got mine for just over 200 quid.

Now the dreaded upgraditis has struck... :rolleyes:

I was looking at some KEF codas for £420. Are they good? How do they compare to the B&Ws?

The problem here is that I wont have much of chance to demo the speakers due to my current location/situation.

I am in Winchester but at school right now so I cant really travel anywhere. Otherwise I am in London...

well if you get some time out arrange as many demos as you can for a couple of days EG half term, Demo 5 systems with 3 CD tracks 2 DVD chapters 3 max and then go back to the 2 best and decide. 2 days for first round one or two for second depending on the distances involved.

Originally posted by munkay
Of course its possible - just make sure you buy something with decent clout. And bear in mind the cost of speaker cabling will be a heck of a lot if you want to keep quality up.

You could try something like an ACOUSTIC ENERGY AEGIS EVO 3B which would cost 700 quid for speakers. Then pair with a 300 quid reciever if you could stretch.

There was/is also a set of B&W 603/601 LCR60 for sale for 450 the lot. For the money thats a bargain - Series 3 as well IIRC. then spend 300 on something like a pioneer/denon/marantz receiver and away you go.

Or why not by an amp and front speakers then gradualyl upgrade to what you want exactly otherwise you'll end up wanting to as soon as you get cheaper ones.

Definitely look at 2nd hand to to let you get better speakers for the money.

Where can I find thos B&W 603/601/LCR60 for 450 quid. This sound like V good value for money....

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom