Is £225 for a PS3 a good deal

jjhellis

There is a person who lives down the road from me selling his PS3 for £225.

Is this a good deal and could it could be a Jap import, if so how would I tell the difference if it's not boxed.

Naqv

£225 is a good deal, but it is almost certain to be a import, hence it will not have any warranty should anything happpen.

chris1210

I'd say £225 is a good deal yeah, but as the fella above me says, no warranty. But, it does look infinately better built than the 360 (of which im on my 4th).

I just picked up mine last week in Florida for £250 which is a good saving.

ocelot20

There is a person who lives down the road from me selling his PS3 for £225.

Is this a good deal and could it could be a Jap import, if so how would I tell the difference if it's not boxed.

Well 1, Look at the plug had he got a UK adapter on it or them 2 prongs the japanise have. Also if you have any PAL PS2 or one games or PAL DVD then put it into the console if its JAP they will not play if its PAL they will play.

enablerbro1

£225 is a good deal, but it is almost certain to be a import, hence it will not have any warranty should anything happpen.
Are the warranties transferable then? Would any 2nd hand PS3's warranty be honoured by Sony? At the very least I'd have thought you have to have some sort of proof of purchase which, if it's an import, the seller won't have.

Easy way to find out if it's an import might be to ask the guy selling it.

£225 seems cheap, does it work?

jjhellis

Are the warranties transferable then? Would any 2nd hand PS3's warranty be honoured by Sony? At the very least I'd have thought you have to have some sort of proof of purchase which, if it's an import, the seller won't have.

Easy way to find out if it's an import might be to ask the guy selling it.

£225 seems cheap, does it work?

I can see it working and have a go before I buy it.

jjhellis

Thanks for the info guys.

I will take a dvd and a ps2 game with me which seems like the best way to tell.

enablerbro1

Why's he selling, buying an Elite? :)

If it works ok then £225 seems a bargain. If it's a US import then that wouldn't be too bad. Reg A Bluray playing and cheap import games.

The latest video from AVForums

LG G1 OLED Evo TV and SVS SB-1000 Pro subwoofer reviews, Samsung OLED rumours and more...
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom