Irrational Pleasure thread part 2

My tablet that broke last night is being picked up for repair tomorrow. Very fast response from Samsung and feel pretty confident they'll get it sorted for me. Just hoping it's not the screen as this one is a very nice oled. My first one had bad bands in it you could see on grey menus... :eek:
Just ask for a refund and get an iPad. You know you want to. :D

Factory reset my laptop before I give someone remote access to it. The pleasure? Windows appears to have had a pretty major update and is much better now, Edge browser is lightning fast which is something I thought I'd never say :eek:

Normally the 40mph Club of North Dorset irritate the bejesus out of me. Not today. Twice today I've been following a coffin dodger and they've pulled over to let me pass. Sweet :clap:

I must also add, I never tailgate :nono:, they just noticed me approaching at warp 10 (or 60mph as it says on my dash), dithered along for a few minutes, then pulled over. I gave both guys a thumbs up out the window once past.

So, as Lloyd Christmas said to the old lady in Dumb and Dumber; 'Old people, although slow and dangerous do serve a purpose' :rotfl:

Got someone interested in buying my car, well three actually today, but this one was an irrational pleasure. He wanted to buy it unseen for cash with a near offer. Awesome. But he wanted me to meet him on the motorway services about 50miles north. LOL yeah right.

Normally the 40mph Club of North Dorset irritate the bejesus out of me. Not today. Twice today I've been following a coffin dodger and they've pulled over to let me pass. Sweet :clap:

I must also add, I never tailgate :nono:, they just noticed me approaching at warp 10 (or 60mph as it says on my dash), dithered along for a few minutes, then pulled over. I gave both guys a thumbs up out the window once past.

So, as Lloyd Christmas said to the old lady in Dumb and Dumber; 'Old people, although slow and dangerous do serve a purpose' :rotfl:

Driving home yesterday, doing 50-52 in a 50mph, following a car. Speed camera approaching......

Options;

1) do nothing
2) speed up and try and beat the camera
3) slam the brakes on and slow to 38mph!

Of course, the car in front chose option 3. Then proceeded to speed up to 60mph. :laugh:

Still hate Windows 10 grrr. Why can’t they get the sleep state working properly. Very similar issue why I went all those years ago and got my wife a MacBook as well but it just doesn’t sleep and wake up properly.

First it takes a long time to wake up, blimey I know drunks that are easier to wake up. And then it seems to have forgotten the window positions across all my monitors and bundles them all together on the laptop screen instead of at their original location. It’s like bloody iRobot all huddled in one corner. But then it does something, give no indication what, not even a busy mouse cursors but becomes very unresponsive. And at the end of it, the whole windows start bar has disappeared.

All I did was let my laptop go to sleep. Grrr stupid Windows. On a Mac it just works and I’m productive the moment I lift up the lid. Now I have restart, reopen and reposition all windows, just to be at the same place where I left off yesterday. Stupid bloody machine.

Still hate Windows 10 grrr. Why can’t they get the sleep state working properly. Very similar issue why I went all those years ago and got my wife a MacBook as well but it just doesn’t sleep and wake up properly.

First it takes a long time to wake up, blimey I know drunks that are easier to wake up. And then it seems to have forgotten the window positions across all my monitors and bundles them all together on the laptop screen instead of at their original location. It’s like bloody iRobot all huddled in one corner. But then it does something, give no indication what, not even a busy mouse cursors but becomes very unresponsive. And at the end of it, the whole windows start bar has disappeared.

All I did was let my laptop go to sleep. Grrr stupid Windows. On a Mac it just works and I’m productive the moment I lift up the lid. Now I have restart, reopen and reposition all windows, just to be at the same place where I left off yesterday. Stupid bloody machine.

Wrong thread? :laugh:

hzaving some freshly made peanut butter drop scones with jam on...lovely..!

First it takes a long time to wake up, blimey I know drunks that are easier to wake up. And then it seems to have forgotten the window positions across all my monitors and bundles them all together on the laptop screen instead of at their original location.

I have this issue. I have 3 screens, one for general web browsing, one for work and one for my servers / monitoring. Sometimes after waking up from sleep, some windows and apps are missing, hidden away on a "4th screen" which i can only access if i re-jig my screen layout :mad:

Pain in the arse.

Try Windows 10 Powertoys' FancyZones to keep the position of your windows.

Also for the wake up try changing the ACPI Suspend Mode in the BIOS to S3.

Would this be the A37 out of Yeovil by any chance?

I get stuck behind some clueless Sunday driver whatever day of the week I use it. Last week I followed a 20-something car line behind a slow tractor all the way from Yeovil to Dorchester because he wouldn't pull over. Grrrr.

My irrational pleasure.... ASMR. Look it up on YouTube.

Try Windows 10 Powertoys' FancyZones to keep the position of your windows.

Also for the wake up try changing the ACPI Suspend Mode in the BIOS to S3.
Hehehe welcome to a PC BIOS changes :) Thanks though I will check that out.

Powertoys was one of the first installs. And it is very good. Easy to change layouts and snap windows with keyboard in place. But still don’t keep the windows position with an external screen with different resolution when waking up :( A search shows I’m not alone with that issue. Will try a registry hack 😤

I have this issue. I have 3 screens, one for general web browsing, one for work and one for my servers / monitoring. Sometimes after waking up from sleep, some windows and apps are missing, hidden away on a "4th screen" which i can only access if i re-jig my screen layout :mad:

Pain in the arse.
LOL yes I forgot about the “hidden” application on a non existent screen. Don’t know about you but even when I close that application it somehow S seems to remember the position and that hidden screen when restarting it.

In my warped sense of humour that is definitely an irrational pleasure.

I live a few miles north of Poole and there are a number of people who shouldn't be driving.
The number of fatal accidents that involve over 70s has dropped over the past few months with lockdown.
I hate to think what will happen when it is lifted.

Motorbike fixed today, took a slightly longer way home. A horrible horrible fact is the last time I put fuel in was 5 August... 2019. Exactly a year ago today :( Since then it's done around 40 miles, but it didn't feel like that at all. It felt like I hadn't ever stopped riding it.. except for the (literal) cobwebs :laugh: Sounded glorious, it was still a riot to ride, rev matches on the downshifts were still superb, such a great bike.

Now to order an oil filter (have oil, spark plugs and Air filter already) cause I don't like it having oil that has sat still for over a year :eek:

She's back though :love:

969A094A-7A29-4186-A6EC-1DFF3BE6911C.jpeg

I have Windows 10 on a desktop and 2 laptops and don't experience this at all. I can use them within a couple of seconds of waking them up and they always remember window positions. Even when I switch between using the laptops on their own or with a docking station, the windows relocate happily.

Guess I'm just lucky.

Not really an irrational pleasure, but eldest daughter getting another job 3 weeks after loosing hers due to effects of the virus :)

I have Windows 10 on a desktop and 2 laptops and don't experience this at all. I can use them within a couple of seconds of waking them up and they always remember window positions. Even when I switch between using the laptops on their own or with a docking station, the windows relocate happily.

Guess I'm just lucky.
I think a lot of it has to do with whether you are using HiDPI screens or not and whether they are of the same resolution or not.

Getting a refund from HMRC without having to ask for it :D Mustn't get too excited though, it's only for £98 :laugh:

Tuned into the "Today" programme on Radio 4 this morning as they started talking about a "national beaver strategy".

Bit disappointed when it turned out what they were actually talking about.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom