Irrational Pleasure thread part 2

My Daughter sent us a video clip from her back yard in Antwerp, it was a squirrel, while watching it I realised it was a red squirrel, looked lovely. :thumbsup:

I suppose we're so used to seeing grey squirrels here where as the red is our native breed, then the grey was introduced and took over.:mad:
Not on the Isle of Wight :) last proper bastion of hope, as Formby has dwindled in numbers (as well as others).

Finding the good work of people who bullet point the important information of a youtube video and give the time description of that specific point in the comments.

Saves me a lot of mind numbing pulling my hair out waiting, for the youtuber to get to the bloody point as they stretch the video to the magic 10 minute mark.

It was beautiful, but couldn’t find a pot of gold either side :(

EACEBC88-FF9A-4D09-ADB8-47DD19B43530.jpeg

Sorting out stuff to go to the recycling centre.

The car told me this morning that the tyre pressures were a bit low, on the morning that we’re going away for a couple of days. The electric tyre pump proved to be rather crap.

Luckily, I still have my old bicycle pump which worked great and left me with a suitable macho feeling.

Horrible weather today, but it is lovely to see three partridges hop around in our garden and seek shelter underneath a tree on our lawn.

3F6FD5EB-D0D7-473C-8111-20EFAE012887.jpeg

Irrational, well I’m up and ready to go to work. More pleasure, there is no commute. Just grinding my beans for a fresh coffee and walk to my home office.

Last edited by a moderator:
Horrible weather today, but it is lovely to see three partridges hop around in our garden and seek shelter underneath a tree on our lawn.

View attachment 1340954

Irrational, well I’m up and ready to go to work. More pleasure, there is no commute. Just grinding my beans for a fresh coffee and walk to my home office.
Which one‘s Allan? :D

The annoying part. 40 minute wait to reach EE customer service to find that the online order for my wife's next phone hasn't been actioned after 36 hours.

The we looked at my phone. Free early switch to a SIM only tariff and dropped the surplus allowance. That saves £49/m on my phone. :cool:

That for me cancels my annoyance. Oh, my wife gets her phone tomorrow.

The annoying part. 40 minute wait to reach EE customer service to find that the online order for my wife's next phone hasn't been actioned after 36 hours.

The we looked at my phone. Free early switch to a SIM only tariff and dropped the surplus allowance. That saves £49/m on my phone. :cool:

That for me cancels my annoyance. Oh, my wife gets her phone tomorrow.

Que? A 'saving' of £49 p/m equates to almost £1200 on a contract phone (on a standard 24 month contract). How much were you paying to begin with :eek:

Or are you in the group of people that buy a £1000 phone outright and think a £15 p/m SIM only package on top 'saves' you money? I have met people that have actually told me this with a straight face :rotfl:. Yes, it does save you from paying monthly, but the cost remains the same.

Que? A 'saving' of £49 p/m equates to almost £1200 on a contract phone (on a standard 24 month contract). How much were you paying to begin with :eek:

Or are you in the group of people that buy a £1000 phone outright and think a £15 p/m SIM only package on top 'saves' you money? I have met people that have actually told me this with a straight face :rotfl:. Yes, it does save you from paying monthly, but the cost remains the same.
The contract including a Samsung Note 9 was £57, it's now £8 SIM only. 25GB now reduced to 7GB.

Whenever I've looked I've found buying the phone + getting a SIM only cheaper - I imagine because when taking out a contract you are effectively borrowing £1k to pay for the phone in a loan and pay it off over 24 months. When looking at total cost (Phone cost + 24x SIM only monthly vs 24x contract monthly).

DPD came by the other day to pick up my phone for a repair, but I wasnt expecting them (the email said they had a delivery for me and I was expecting parcels that day). The guy said no problem, I can rearrange for another day. When I went to book this there was a £5 charge.

I noticed an option to choose 'delivery' (collection) to a neighbour, which didn't have a fee. So now they're coming back tomorrow to collect from the 'neighbour' at my address for free :laugh:

The contract including a Samsung Note 9 was £57, it's now £8 SIM only. 25GB now reduced to 7GB.

I'm confused. Is this a phone you've had on contract and paid off (finished the contract)? I think I'm being a bit thick, I thought you meant you had a brand new phone that you'd saved £49 p/m on your contract.

I'm confused. Is this a phone you've had on contract and paid off (finished the contract)? I think I'm being a bit thick, I thought you meant you had a brand new phone that you'd saved £49 p/m on your contract.
Reading my post again I think it could be clearer.

Existing phone, different tariff that's all. I didn't mean to imply it was some kind of super-deal, just a saving on my usual outgoings. I didn't know that I could switch to SIM only before the contract expired.

6 weeks left on existing contract, so the next 2 bills would be at £57 each.

The last two payments were squashed when I signed again to a SIM only contract for 12 months at £8.

That's a reduction of £49/m on my usual outgoings.

Hope that clarifies?

Reading my post again I think it could be clearer.

Existing phone, different tariff that's all. I didn't mean to imply it was some kind of super-deal, just a saving on my usual outgoings. I didn't know that I could switch to SIM only before the contract expired.

6 weeks left on existing contract, so the next 2 bills would be at £57 each.

The last two payments were squashed when I signed again to a SIM only contract for 12 months at £8.

That's a reduction of £49/m on my usual outgoings.

Hope that clarifies?
Yeesh it knocks me down that some contracts are so seemingly expensive! I've paid £12 for unlimited data and texts with 300mins for years now. Do voice calls via data :)

Whenever I've looked I've found buying the phone + getting a SIM only cheaper - I imagine because when taking out a contract you are effectively borrowing £1k to pay for the phone in a loan and pay it off over 24 months. When looking at total cost (Phone cost + 24x SIM only monthly vs 24x contract monthly).
O2 are good for separating out the transactions if you want. I did this for my Xiaomi Mix 3 5G and nabbed it for £120 :D

O2 are good for separating out the transactions if you want. I did this for my Xiaomi Mix 3 5G and nabbed it for £120 :D

Cool - is that one of those ones that keeps the Chinese up to date on your browsing? :p

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom