Irrational Pleasure thread part 2

Last day in work today for 18 days and a beer supply of over 120 bottles. 😍

I wonder what should I do tonight 🤔

:beer: :D

Juggle all of them at once?

Just had some proper Manchego for the first time in 2 years - bliss.

Now, if I could just find some decent пельмени and хачапури, I would truly be in heaven.

I would truly be in heaven is I know what that was! 🤣🤣

When you decide to cook something you rarely eat and it just hits the spot perfectly. I seem to have an excess of eggs so though sod it I'll have a fried egg sandwich (I can't remember having a fried egg for ~10+ years).

Absolutely nothing special, 3 cheap, small Tesco eggs, 2 slices of thick best of both Hovis bread with no butter or anything else, very hot fat, cooked it American style over easy purely because I couldn't be arsed doing that oil basting palaver.

Anyway, Best Sandwich Ever! 😍

When you decide to cook something you rarely eat and it just hits the spot perfectly. I seem to have an excess of eggs so though sod it I'll have a fried egg sandwich (I can't remember having a fried egg for ~10+ years).

Absolutely nothing special, 3 cheap, small Tesco eggs, 2 slices of thick best of both Hovis bread with no butter or anything else, very hot fat, cooked it American style over easy purely because I couldn't be arsed doing that oil basting palaver.

Anyway, Best Sandwich Ever! 😍
You inspired me to have a sausage sandwich - not had one for a good few years. Was blooming lovely slathered in brown sauce

tiger paws

Monday evening filled in and submitted an online application to renew my driving licence. (Over-70s licence needs renewing every 3 years.) The new licence arrived first post yesterday (Thursday). Considering all the gloom-and-doom tales of DVLA processing delays plus the added joys of the Christmas post and a covid-reduced Post Office staff, a 48 hour turnaround is seriously impressive.

TiL M&W did films.

this is also going in the running thread...

......today was my 500th run (of 5K or more) and for someone who before February of 2020, hadn't ever run more than 500m in one go, feels like quite an achievement and therefore quite a pleasure

I know running isn't for everyone...and I came into it with some bike fitness, along with the fact that it turns out I am actually a bit of a runner....taking me to a grand total of 2770KM run so far to date.

Just watched the M&W film, That Rivera Touch. Still a lovely fim after all these years.
Have you see The Intelligence Men?
It was before The Riviera Touch but much better in my opinion. Really great. A must watch.

Just watched “ It’s a Wonderful Life” Great Film, still makes MrsD and me cry.
I mentioned this elsewhere, but my old friend Larry was in the film, he was 14 years old at the time.
Larry lived a good life, he started out in Blondie films as Baby Dumpling.
Later-On he realized his parents were using all the money he was making for drugs, so he got himself emancipated, but continued to learn about Electronics & appliance repair from a mentor co-worker & would go on to work at NASA in their Jet Propulsion Lab. After retiring from there he went abroad to work in Saudi Arabia & then where I met him in Thailand. He designed the trunked radio system that Shell Thailand are using in their refinery today.

Larry told me that when he went to events concerning the movie IAWL, people would break down crying & tell them the film saved them from offing themselves.
It really has touched a lot of people!

I took this photo in our preferred watering hole in Banchang, Rayong, Thailand:

1641475341278.png

in the film:
1641475373971.png

Larry had emphysema quite badly near the end, so I'd ride my bicycle over to his place for a chat sometimes.
He was also a veteran, as am I, so I helped drape his casket in a flag at his funeral.

Of course I think about him every year at this time, because the film is being shown on broadcast TV.

Last edited:
You can tell I stay in a classy area, this popped up on my local FB group page.
"Anyone know if local shops are open at all? Particularly somewhere that sells prosecco."

Was it “buckfast” they nicknamed electric soup. I know it’s very popular in the West of Scotland.
It is today’s version of electric soup. The original had something to do with gas and milk!
Judging by the amount of smashed Buckfast bottles I see it’s pretty popular not just in the west.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom