Irrational Pleasure thread part 2

Doug the D

From my lads yesterday. The one in the right made me smile, the one on the left made me laugh :D
Yesterday my wife was eyeing up a 60th birthday card for her dad that read:

When he reached 60, Dave became known as 'The Sofa King'

'Because he's Sofa King old'

:rotfl:

mjn

Distinguished Member

For my Mam’s birthday card, it reads......”if you think this card is sh*t, wait until you see your retirement home!”

:laugh:

HaRd2BeAr

Distinguished Member
That I've not long started looking at Apple, today they announced IOS 14 and ripped off a load of Android features I've had for over 10 years on my homescreen. In a good way because it will be almost familiar to me, but amusing.

NooBish AbbZ 92

Distinguished Member
That I've not long started looking at Apple, today they announced IOS 14 and ripped off a load of Android features I've had for over 10 years on my homescreen. In a good way because it will be almost familiar to me, but amusing.
For the last few weeks I'd started to think of moving to Android :laugh:
I've also just seen the iOS14 video. Most of my reactions were 'about time!' or, 'you can't already do this?' for example pinning messages. Widgets would be the biggest factor for me; I don't think I will go for Android. I just start to look every now and again and then settle for Apple :smashin: I am due an upgrade soon though; rocking the X still at the moment.

HaRd2BeAr

Distinguished Member
For the last few weeks I'd started to think of moving to Android :laugh:
I've also just seen the iOS14 video. Most of my reactions were 'about time!' or, 'you can't already do this?' for example pinning messages. Widgets would be the biggest factor for me; I don't think I will go for Android. I just start to look every now and again and then settle for Apple :smashin: I am due an upgrade soon though; rocking the X still at the moment.
I've never looked at Apple but a bit tired with the lack of update support on Android and the fact every phone I has seems to start struggling after 15 months of use. The grass isn't greener over here mate! :eek: :D

It is crazy though these things haven't been on IOS sooner.

Chillie6

Distinguished Member
I've never looked at Apple but a bit tired with the lack of update support on Android and the fact every phone I has seems to start struggling after 15 months of use. The grass isn't greener over here mate! :eek: :D

It is crazy though these things haven't been on IOS sooner.
Plus it will work your Sonos kit :laugh:

IronGiant

What, like this one?
1592910059488.png

as sent to me by my dear brother earlier this year :D

My eldest daughter (17) finally got a job 👍 And not just any job but with a high end automotive tuning shop who runs a vmax200 team. So pleased for her.

The funny story is that it was totally by chance. I test drive her Golf MK2 GTI when we changed her suspension. I had to get some petrol and was nearly hit by a supped up fast car exiting rapidly. Anyway I looked up the shop online and noticed they did exhausts and her exhaust is blowing so I dropped it in to see if they can fix it.

Anyway I realised then what they are upto, and went back last Friday to get a quote for a special system on my car. The boss talked to me and said you are the guy with the MK2. I said, well no it’s my daughters. He was like so she must like cars then, and I explained she does and what she is doing. He said straight up does she want a job, can she come in on Saturday.

My daughter within five minutes checked them out and was OMFG. So I dropped her off on Saturday and she had an interview. Today they contacted her and offered her the job, over five others that actually applied 😍

Girl mechanic, first job with a record winning race team and lots of social media. She is so excited.

Irrational, well COVID-19 stopped driving tests so she hasn’t got her license so I have to drop her in everyday 😂

Double irrational, her car is booked in and I suspect she will call me that it can’t be repaired and will have to have some double exit super loud system on it. 😂

deantown

Distinguished Member
Painted the internal walls in my Conservatory yesterday, the heat was terrific!! :eek: I think I sweated off a few pounds that I have put on during lockdown. MrsD is very happy with it, so worth all the blood, sweat and tears:D

Doug the D

It's raining. Normally, in the summer, when it rains and some friendly old (allotment owning) person nearby says something like 'Ooh, the gardens need it don't they?' I want to punch them in the head and shout 'WE LIVE IN BRITAIN! WE HAVE RAIN ALL FUDGING YEAR! WHAT ABOUT THE HUMANS? WE NEED SUN GODDAMMIT SUUUUUUUN!' - or something similar :blush:

Anyway - I'm laying a new lawn this morning, so I'm genuinely glad it's raining today haha :)

ruffage

Distinguished Member
it's a beast and no pretending otherwise...

but managed in my friday routine -
of about 75 swings, 50 around the waists, and 50 cleans with it...the rest were with 28kgs...tho, I didn't bother with the yoga style moves towards the end...
Might give this vid a go next week. However my kettlebell is a poofy 16kg. :laugh:

reiteration

Might give this vid a go next week. However my kettlebell is a poofy 16kg. :laugh:
go for it, nothing poofy about a 16kg... I started with an 8kg at kettlercise... :)

but i had watched a video about the benefits of jumping up in 4kg increments of kettlebells rather than the .5 - 1kg that you can do with weights...

but since lockdown I've been doing kettlebells 3 times a week from these sessions here -
YouTube /playlist?list=PLetyewSKJZj3wgnMLXNsLooZA5o-ojGII

I assume it's public..? and I've noticed the gains... delete the space after youtube.com/

and this guy offers a good insight.. :)

Last edited:

ruffage

Distinguished Member
go for it, nothing poofy about a 16kg... I started with an 8kg at kettlercise... :)

but i had watched a video about the benefits of jumping up in 4kg increments of kettlebells rather than the .5 - 1kg that you can do with weights...

but since lockdown I've been doing kettlebells 3 times a week from these sessions here -
YouTube /playlist?list=PLetyewSKJZj3wgnMLXNsLooZA5o-ojGII

I assume it's public..? and I've noticed the gains... delete the space after youtube.com/

and this guy offers a good insight.. :)
I‘ve been creating my own workouts from this: ‎Virtual Trainer Kettlebell

It plays over whatever music is streaming on the iPad too. Which is nice.