Iron Sky (2010)

miksu_

Standard Member
In 1945 the Nazis fled to the moon. In 2018 they are coming back.

In 2005 came Star Wreck: In The Pirkinning - sci-fi movie made by Star Trek -fans. In about two years should the next film be ready. Budget is about two million pounds (2,5 M€), and the script comes from Johanna Sinisalo, well known Finnish sci-fi writer.

First teaser trailer was published yesterday and it has been already viewed over 40,000 times. Check it out yourselves and spread the word!

Trailer in YouTube:YouTube.
Iron Sky -movie home page.
Discussion forum for fans: http://forum.starwreck.com/.

What sort of word do you want people to spread? The seagull just about summed it up for me.

miksu_

Standard Member
Sorry, poor start. Wanted to let you know, what a bunch of people can do when they put their heart into the matter. Previous film was made with no-budget (about 12 000 pounds) and it got over 8 million downloads from the website. It was also published as dvd, selling numbers unknown.

Now they are putting their hands on nazi-theme, copy-paste from press release:

"Iron Sky is a pitch-black science fiction comedy that holds nothing sacred. It combines the dry irony of Dr. Strangelove with the visual style of invasion films such as Independence Day. Finns are known for their dark wit, perhaps due to their history successively under the oppressive thumb of Sweden, Russia, and the Nazis. Star Wreck repeatedly skewered Russia (and was wildly successful there), and Iron Sky continues in the same vein of mocking totalitarianism."

While planning and doing the film, their aim is also to gather collaborative community of 10,000 people around the project. While the final product will be Hollywood quality, the model has more in common with social networking and Internet movements such as Creative Commons and Open Source. (Press release cut)

If succeeded, same method will hopefully spread wider. Finnish horror movie Sauna (Wash Your Sins) was partially developed by the community.

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
Trailer in HD sizes
720, 1080

Direct Download (MP4)
IPOD, 720, 1080

Towards the end of World War II the staff of SS officer Hans Kammler made a significant breakthrough in anti-gravity.

From a secret base built in the Antarctic, the first Nazi spaceships were launched in late ‘45 to found the military base Schwarze Sonne (Black Sun) on the dark side of the Moon. This base was to build a powerful invasion fleet and return to take over the Earth once the time was right.

Now it's 2018, the Nazi invasion is on its way and the world is goose-stepping towards its doom.

Julia Dietze has been lined to play a moon Nazi who is sent as an advanced scout to the Earth to determine if the time for invasion is now.

Last edited:
I like the concept art, but I don't think that the CGI will save the movie.

captainarchive

Distinguished Member
what's the status of this film? Is it being made by a big studio or is it a smaller production? Their site is asking for support and money?

KiLLiNG-TiME

Distinguished Member
I almost like the look of the trailers, though it does seem to have rather a lot in common with projekt saucer by W.A.Harbinson !!!

& why would want to keep a 1945 BMW side-car outfit running on the moon is beyond me !!

The address is in the trailer Iron Sky :: Official Movie Site

mckee74

Distinguished Member
That looks really good. Could be a bit of fun.

spuddy01

While in Frankfurt last wkend me & some mates stumbled upon this movie being shot they were setting it up to look like NY,got talking to some extras to find out what the movie was called & these guys & gals were all fans that came to frankfurt to help out it really was something,got to see the scene being set up but unfortunately we did'nt have time to wait for the shoot. Hope that this movie works out as alot of people really working hard on this!! Oh & the leading lady is very cute :D

raigraphixs

Distinguished Member
4th April 2012

Teaser #3

[ame="www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNDaOFQ6g2I"]Iron Sky Teaser 3 - We Come In Peace! - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

KEF announces KC62 subwoofer with new Uni-Core technology
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
AVForums Podcast: 20th January 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Netflix passes 200 million subscribers to end 2020
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cyrus Audio announces soundBuds2 in-ear headphones
  • By Andy Bassett