1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Iron Monkey (2 Disc Platinum Edition) DTS prob?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by raigraphixs, Jan 12, 2005.

1. raigraphixs

raigraphixs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15,599
    Hi,

I noticed the Cantonese DTS soundtrack did not seem to have any rear speaker sound, can anyone confirm this, so i know i dont have a fault with the dvd. Others work ok. No mention of this on totaldvd.com review.

Film is ok (over rated), bit old now 1993, you can see the wires. Fights are amazing. Film is too short at 86min.

Worth a look. Not seen the extra but they look impressive

As for the sound, can someone let me know as i might need to take another look (hear).

rai

2. thirst

thirst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I really enjoyed iron monkey and found it far from overrated, in my honest opinion it is one of the best martial-arts films ever made.

From what I remember I didn't notice this problem on the platinum Edition, in fact I'm fairly certain there was rear speaker action or I would have been highly disappointed. One way to check is there was a significant difference between the English Dolby Digital 5.1 and the Cantonese DTS, the Cantonese DTS was vastly superior!

If I remember I will check later .

3. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +995
    I thought it was technically a great film, some of the wire work was amazing. There's also some great humour in the film :)

4. raigraphixs

raigraphixs
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15,599
    Hi,

Yes, if you can try the sound that would be great, i had a another listen, and am not convinced about the dts soundtrack or any other, apart from some thunder sound and low music at times, any jumping, fighting or weapons coming in or out of the screen are just not there!, very weak indeed.

Not knowing what to except when watching the film, i really wanted it to be a serious dark kinda film, when it started out as comedy, and monkey starts kicking people in the head 30 times, etc, i knew it was gonna be silly. Yes the stunt work is great.

rai